Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BB30 - GXP bottom bracket adaptor
Quote | Reply
What is the best option for using a GXP crank (power meter I own already) on a BB30 frame (new frame I am getting)?

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: BB30 - GXP bottom bracket adaptor [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used this with great success.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what I have been using for the last few years and has worked well for me.
http://wheelsmfg.com/...for-sram-cranks.html

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may have one of the Praxis adapters mentioned below for sale. Excellent condition and ultra-low miles; I just ended up getting a "native" BB30 crank.

I'll check tonight and reply back, if you're interested.

--Gene
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Save yourself a lot of trouble. Just don't get a BB30 frame.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the Rotor adapter with zero issues (Quarq power meter GXP to BB30), easy install.

AV8 | Team Wattie Ink Elite 2019
Quote Reply
Re: BB30 - GXP bottom bracket adaptor [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice thought. However not sure Felt would send me a different brand for warranty replacement...

Ryan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you used Ceramic Speed for this on my S3 to run a GXP Crank. Not sure how much you are looking to spend, but I felt like it was money well spent when I made the purchase a few years back. No issues to date with it and still buttery smooth by just doing the basic grease of the BB 1-2x a year depending how much I ride and what the conditions are.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: BB30 - GXP bottom bracket adaptor [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
This is what I have been using for the last few years and has worked well for me.
http://wheelsmfg.com/...for-sram-cranks.html
This. Same here - hasnt put a foot wrong in years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used both the Praxis and Wheels Mfg offerings and both have been great. I think Praxis frowns on you changing the bearings on your own though.
Quote Reply
Re: BB30 - GXP bottom bracket adaptor [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using that on a Slice, and I had to trim down some of the plastic around the adapter for it to stop rubbing. I don't know if it was an alignment issue with the frame, or the adapter being wrong, or if I was missing some kind of washer. Either way, after trimming a mm or so off the adapter it works fine and I have no complaints. I think it creaked once, but a little regreasing and it was fine.

Quote | Reply
This Wheels Mfg complete bottom bracket solution has been the bees knees for me. Only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner and dealt with plastic sleeve adapters and creaking, crappy BB30 bearings:

http://wheelsmfg.com/...-bearings-black.html

Quote Reply
Re: BB30 - GXP bottom bracket adaptor [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
This Wheels Mfg complete bottom bracket solution has been the bees knees for me.
Same here. I prefer it over the Praxis unit because it doesn't have holes in the sleeve. Those holes let in water and grit from the seat tube and cable guide that exits near the rear tire.
Quote Reply
Re: BB30 - GXP bottom bracket adaptor [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for wheelsmfg. Great product.
Quote Reply
Re: BB30 - GXP bottom bracket adaptor [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+2 on this- I just put one in my MTB today.
PF30 to GXP- no adaptors or other funny business.
Quote Reply
Re: BB30 - GXP bottom bracket adaptor [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
+2 on this- I just put one in my MTB today.
PF30 to GXP- no adaptors or other funny business.

+8 (I think that's the correct math) for the WheelsMFG BB. I have them on 3 bikes. I once had horrible creaking and swapped out the BB, nope, it was the Zipp wheel bearings (AGAIN).
Quote Reply