Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Augusta 70.3 swim times
Quote | Reply
Anyone know whats going on at Augusta today? I saw the fastest swim time was under 19 minutes. That seems rather fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 swim times [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wetsuit with a strong current.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Correct the current.....Last year Tim Don swam 18:01, Brent McMahon did 18:55 here today so less current than last year we would assume but still fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 swim times [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
Correct the current.....Last year Tim Don swam 18:01

Say what? Last year Tim Don swim according to results...

SWIM DETAILS | Fastest swim of the day | Division Rank: 1
Split NameDistanceSplit TimeRace TimePaceDivision RankGender RankOverall RankTotal1.2 mi00:19:1000:19:1000:59/100m111

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/...s.aspx#ixzz3Eep1VtpC

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
River was flowing significantly slower this year over last year. It's slightly slower than normal. Always a rocket fast swim though. 68-70 degrees gaurenteed too. Not nearly as fast as Chattanooga. That ones a joke!! Why even swim train right?
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 swim times [cmonster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmonster wrote:
River was flowing significantly slower this year over last year. It's slightly slower than normal. Always a rocket fast swim though. 68-70 degrees gaurenteed too. Not nearly as fast as Chattanooga. That ones a joke!! Why even swim train right?

You guys kill me.
Your logic:
Augusta was slower this year than normal with a 19'
Augusta was slower than the joke swim of Chattanooga
Top pro swim time at IMChoo was just over 38'.

that's solid.

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Last edited by: Borden: Sep 30, 14 9:30
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 swim times [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the historic data. Augusta was flowing slower this year. Doesn't really bother me but, it freaks some out. Even with the slower river i was only 4 seconds off my swim 2 years ago. I was swimming 15-20k a week then. This year I swam no more than 7k a week. About 2000-2500 a workout. No doubt I would have killed chatanooga sub 40. Im a swimmer though.
Augusta was close to 4000. It was 5700 ( I think last yr) and 4600 two years ago. I was getting reports that chatanooga was up over 20k the evening before the race. Larger river but, thats a lotnof flow.
Quote Reply