Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Augusta 70.3 price
Quote | Reply
So Augusta 70.3 opened today at $340.20?! What gives?
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [schafermnt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sells out easily and state tax..... If I was not in GA in Atlanta not sure I would do it at 340. It is a good race.
Last edited by: bamatriguy: Dec 1, 15 14:53
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [bamatriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. It is a good race. Ive done it twice. I don't think it was that expensive last year. I hope Hilton Head will be on in Oct.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$340?!!!! That is stupid. It was around $225 when I did it in 2012. What more are you getting this year? I am guessing they have have over priced this and they will now see participation drop.
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like they have all gone up since 70.3 worlds is in America. I bet HHI 70.3 is higher as well. I used to do more of them in a year but at this price I am two at most
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [bamatriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bit the bullet and signed up today.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did as well right at 12pm but if it was not 2.5
Hours away at that price I would might have looked else where. Ironman is driving the price up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was on my list to do, but at those prices I will stick with non-WTC races.

Too many good races out there at half that price.

http://www.toughmantri.com

https://robinsonsstrengthandendurancecoaching.wordpress.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [wprobinson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this. My thoughts exactly on the price increase. My receipt from last year indicates total entry fee of $300. This year entry with 8% GA state tax fee was $340.20 & Active fee of $20.41 for a total of $360.61. Good race but I think I will pass on this if the price is any higher. I guess someone has to pay that $900,000,000.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was high last year. I remembered I signed up for the Chattanooga 70.3 that was and still facing competition for the Challenge Knoxville race and the price was around $250 since they are on the same day. Within a month later I went to sign up for Augusta and saw the price and thought, "If I'm spending that much I might as well just go a head an do IMlou instead."
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't this the one race that they are paying the pro females? Maybe that has something to do with it???

I did the race in 2014 and when I looked at the entry fee yesterday I decided to pass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good local race...but for the price...pass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
schafermnt wrote:
Yes. It is a good race. Ive done it twice. I don't think it was that expensive last year. I hope Hilton Head will be on in Oct.

Any update on potential HH race? I'd prefer to do HH (esp if cheaper) but don't want to miss out on this race if HH isn't happening. I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this position.
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't heard anything recently about HH. Last potential date I recall seeing was Oct 16th. Not sure where that person got that info, but he was confident. I think Augusta is a pro female race, which may explain the pricing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
schafermnt wrote:
So Augusta 70.3 opened today at $340.20?! What gives?

Last year the price was $300. This year WTC increased it to $315, but GA also added the 8% tax to make it $340 (plus $20 active fee). Ironically the 70.3 WC in Australia in 2016 is also about $340 American dollars. (BTW Muncie 70.3 was $215 the first week)

As far as Hilton Head 70.3, the possiblities are
1) It's Dead (just not gonna happen)
2) WTC is waiting to announce until after Augusta Sells Out
3) WTC has decided not to do it because they are taking over Beach to Battleship (rampant unfounded facebook rumor)

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going sign up but looked at the price and nope.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea (what gives). But, it's 2.5hrs from the house and I have family there.

Logistically, I couldn't do another 70.3 any cheaper. So, I'm in (registered).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Atomic Man 70.3 scheduled on October 9th near Knoxville, TN is only $90 plus a $5.40 sign up fee. Also around that time is the Goosepond 70.3 in Scottsboro, AL that runs about the same price as the Atomic Man. Seems to me that people would figure out that WTC races are too expensive and seek out races that are less expensive and pretty interesting to compete in.
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [vecchia capra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vecchia capra wrote:
The Atomic Man 70.3 scheduled on October 9th near Knoxville, TN is only $90 plus a $5.40 sign up fee. Also around that time is the Goosepond 70.3 in Scottsboro, AL that runs about the same price as the Atomic Man. Seems to me that people would figure out that WTC races are too expensive and seek out races that are less expensive and pretty interesting to compete in.

Your post made me go looking, and the web info for Atomic Man is... well, horrible. Goose Pond's is better, but it doesn't have dates for 2016 on it yet. Neither are listed on TriFind. I get that they are cheaper, but if you want to attract people who are not already in your back yard and you're not WTC, for one, people have to be able to find information about your race, and for two, you gotta sell it. What WTC does well (and why people are willing to pay $340 for a 70.3) is branding and marketing.
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hilton Head will not have an IM 70.3 race in 2016! Sign up for IM 70.3 Augusta! Z
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any idea on the hiccup for HHI?
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
vecchia capra wrote:

Your post made me go looking, and the web info for Atomic Man is... well, horrible.

I agree, but Atomic Man is a really good race. Uber easy logistics, lots of swag, great roads on the bike. Super cheap. Kevin Mahan does a great job as the RD.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awwww, I was really looking forward to HHI
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 price [LukeBoswell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LukeBoswell wrote:
Awwww, I was really looking forward to HHI

Me too. Just signed up for Augusta.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply