Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Atrial Fibrillation ablation – recovery [TPL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's fantastic. I'm happy to hear it. Life is so much better when you can pull meds out of the routine. I have been off the meds for like 5 months now and it's such a relief. My procedure was 6 hours and my heart rate was elevated as well afterwards. Maybe like 100-110. Now resting it is like 70. With meds it was in the mid 50's. I definitely suggest ablation to anyone living with afib. Feeling like you are dying isn't something many people experience in life and it isn't something I feel that anyone should have to live with. Especially if there is something that could help.
Quote Reply
Re: Atrial Fibrillation ablation – recovery [jana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had A Fib and A Flutter for a few years, but only sporadically, and the episodes usually lasted only a few hours. I didn't have the high HR, just the arrythmia and "wobble" in the chest. Last summer, I had a prolonged episode, wore the monitor and was diagnosed with flutter. I had a right side ablation done last August but symptoms returned a few weeks later and I was adivsed that the "flutter was covering up the fib". In prep for the right side ablation, I swapped from pradaxa to coumadin, so I didn't have the left side done until October. It took about 2 months to taper off all the drugs and I had a few missed beats, but I feel fine now. I'm back to training, but I also seem to have a bit lower top end HR, but perhaps that's age (I'm 44).

Good luck and take care of yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: Atrial Fibrillation ablation – recovery [Simple Stevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diagnosed with Afib in 1991, controlled with Beta blockers and Digoxin for years. Steadily got worse, Dr took me off Digoxin as it was slowing HR down (35-40 resting) and I soldiered on for a few more years. Finally, the Afib was waking be up at night, keeping me from exercising and just plain annoyed me constantly. Cardiologist referred me to EP Dr who first suggested Cryo Ablation in 2010, but didn't have much experience. I waited till he'd done over 500 of them and finally scheduled. I'm 5 weeks out at this point and feeling better every day. Still have slow (30-45) resting HR but that's an issue for another time. Still having some random Afib but feeling better and I understand this is likely to pass with time. I'm a cyclist and years back did such events as the cross-Florida (160+ miles in a single day) but had to back off in my late 30's due to Afib. Took my first ride today and was amazed at the extra reserve I had! Hills that were a real strain before now seem much less of a challenge. Trying to take it slow but it's hard to when it feels this good.
Quote Reply

Prev Next