Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Athlete tracking for Placid...
Quote | Reply
Guessing its not working? Can't even get the name list to load on the IM page, and the sportstats page has no time updates. Think the pro's have been out of the water for 30+ minutes, and many/most AG'ers are out of the water..
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete tracking for Placid... [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
Guessing its not working? Can't even get the name list to load on the IM page, and the sportstats page has no time updates. Think the pro's have been out of the water for 30+ minutes, and many/most AG'ers are out of the water..

I thought IMLP is no longer a pro race? Age grouper race only. You are correct that many age groupers should have been out of the water an hour ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete tracking for Placid... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even typing in a specific athlete gives no time updates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's only pro men today.

I actually thought the tracker was great improvement--haven't tried it on the computer but on phone it's the 'improved' version with athlete tracker, leader board tracker, map, etc--was working fine for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently Safari browser doesn't always work--check to see if you have latest addition. My Safari doesn't work, so I switched over to Chromo

Glitches so far

1. In Kilometers for a US race (not a total big deal but might want to rethink the "140.6" stickers and all of the other stuff in the merch tent LOL)

2. Haven't figured out a way to see entire AGs......just top 10 in each. It IS nice that finally position in AG is correct after each timing mat--not just at the end of each discipline

3. Like the OA AG placement feature

Would love to hear anyone else's thoughts

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete tracking for Placid... [Honey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, yeah I'm on a macbook pro, was using safari. Just tried using firefox, works now. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's working great on my phone/app right now. I had issues last week when tracking from my laptop on ironman.com. Tried chrome and internet explorer and both were problematic.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trying to get Calgary on Mac Book pro with Chrome.

Not getting anything so far. Will try my phone.

Cheers,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
phone works great so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have not pushed to Sportstats because its working amazing on the new system.

Make sure you go to the tracker and see the new tracker system.

On a phone simply download the app called ironman track by dilltree. Right now 82% are on mobile.
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete tracking for Placid... [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something, I can't see what place anyone is unless they are in the top 10?

I know Ironman isn't a race, but it would be nice to know
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete tracking for Placid... [A vdLinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Final rankings yes once they cross, let me check RTRT if this could be added for everyrone or extend leaderboard to more.

Thanks
Last edited by: sportstats: Jul 23, 17 9:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I modified the leaderboard to show top 50, that should help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a lot better. You guys rock!

Of course the athlete I am following who I thought would be close to top ten is in 12th so now it is much easier to compare to everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that....

leslie myers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
We have not pushed to Sportstats because its working amazing on the new system.

Make sure you go to the tracker and see the new tracker system.

On a phone simply download the app called ironman track by dilltree. Right now 82% are on mobile.

It may work well on the phone, but the desktop version needs some serious work.
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete tracking for Placid... [writhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats missing? Its a tracker providing you location, estimated time at next mat, at finish, top 50 leaders in each category. You can add unlimited people on the tracker. Today its pretty much been instant on the leaderboard, (within 5 seconds of a timing mat. Lets us know what is missing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I'm on the app on my phone, I can't see what place an athlete is in when I'm using the tracker and looking at their splits. Is there s way to see that? For example, what place were they when they finished the swim, the bike, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
Whats missing? Its a tracker providing you location, estimated time at next mat, at finish, top 50 leaders in each category. You can add unlimited people on the tracker. Today its pretty much been instant on the leaderboard, (within 5 seconds of a timing mat. Lets us know what is missing.

Since everyone is always so quick to point out how BAD IM tracking usually is I just want to say I'm very impressed with how GOOD it's been for me all day--both on phone and computer!!! Well done and nice job being responsive to changing leaderboard from top 10 to 50!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy to see that we can get placemat changes at each mat. Also like the "overall" placement for each AG gender.

leslie myers
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete tracking for Placid... [Honey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So something like this:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:

All of the key information that users would want is there and that's great. It really is a big improvement. My complaint is related to the user interface (see pic below). A mobile version of the tracker is sandwiched into the page even though it is a desktop browser and there's no need for that. The tracker should detect when someone is on a desktop and serve up a UI that is not designed for fat fingers. There's tons of wasted real estate.

Also, another weird UI issue is that the leader board for an age group refreshes every couple of seconds and sends the user to the final standings even if an earlier timing mat is the current view. For example, if I view W40-44 and click to go to the 12.5 mile timing mat, the page will refresh and display the standings at the 20.4 mat (I assume that is where the leader is right now). Please don't make it do that. Don't hijack the UI from the end user. If the user selects a time split to look at, leave it there.

Quote Reply
Re: Athlete tracking for Placid... [writhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a desktop version, we are looking into this with Ironman to see if it could be accessed from the browser.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the longest time, i couldn't access it via FireFox. It asked the question, "Are you an athlete racing" or something like that, with a yes/no button. I tried clicking no, then yes and it does nothing. I gave up and went to IE and it works just fine. Safari on my iPhone works fine, but not the desktop FireFox.

Also, in prior years, it showed the athlete's AG placement during the race, but it no longer does that. It may do that for the pro, but the vast majority of people tracking are those tracking their AG athlete.

Quote | Reply
Loving the new App!!!
Age group ranking throughout the race is needed. It would be really helpful when tracking someone trying to Kona quality. Hope this will be available for now on. Especially next weekend at IMC.
Quote Reply

Prev Next