Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Asking for a favor about the 1up trainer
Quote | Reply
It's that time of the year where I'll start training indoor. Just bought a used 1up trainer but it didn't include a user manual. I'm trying to set it up so I can start training this week. I really don't want to mess up the bike if I put it on incorrectly. I'm hoping that someone on here has one and can just take a couple of photos of the user manual so I can follow it. I called 1up twice but they never sent it. I'm kind of feel disappointed even though I have bought 2 racks from them. If you do, I'd really appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Re: Asking for a favor about the 1up trainer [uncrx2003] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some old web page links:

http://www.inarchive.com/...inerinstructions.htm

http://www.inarchive.com/...1upusa.com/legs.html

http://www.inarchive.com/....com/height_adj.html

Depending on what model you have, the resistance can be changed by moving the ball bearings in the flywheel resistance plate. I couldn't find any instruction pages for this change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is it about the trainer that you want to understand? Maybe I (or someone here) can answer your questions. I used mine for many years before selling it last year.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Asking for a favor about the 1up trainer [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys for all of the comments above. I was trying to figure out how to properly adjust the 2 cups to the skewer. I do think that it's harder than a kinetic and cycleops that I had. I was putting just a skewer on there alone to see and it was super tight to lock it in place. I'll play around with it tonight. Just don't want to do something wrong and get on the bike and it got loose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uncrx2003 wrote:
Thanks guys for all of the comments above. I was trying to figure out how to properly adjust the 2 cups to the skewer. I do think that it's harder than a kinetic and cycleops that I had. I was putting just a skewer on there alone to see and it was super tight to lock it in place. I'll play around with it tonight. Just don't want to do something wrong and get on the bike and it got loose.

Both sides of the two "cups" can be adjusted to fit the width of your skewer. You can either use the wrench that is normally included in your trainer or use an large adjustable wrench. In your case, I would assume the distance of the width between the two cups are smaller than your skewer. To adjust this, first loosen the nut closer to the trainer base by turning it to the lefty (anti clock wise). Once this nut is loose, you can now move it closer to the cup before retightening it again. Do this on both sides to make the cups even on the stands.

Its actually very simple. However, if you find wrenching hard (there are people that do... no worries), show it to a good wrench and he/ she can easily figure it out just by eye-balling the system.

Quote Reply
Re: Asking for a favor about the 1up trainer [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope this look right.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks aok to me. just be sure that the tension is not too tight when you latch down the red handle. you want it firm, but not to tight. Eyeball the left and right pillars to be aure they are parallel to each other.

Quote Reply