Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arrrghhhh! Do you have this TR / Wahoo Kickr problem?
Quote | Reply
I have a brand new Kickr, a pc laptop, an ANT+ stick, and a trainer road subscription. When I get to a point in a workout where there is a couple minutes above my FTP, the resistance keeps building until it gets to an impossibly tough level (the problem is not that I can't handle the workout). TR tells me to buy a Bluetooth dongle and that Wahoo knows there is a firmware problem. Wahoo doesn't really have a solution.

Has anyone had this problem? My setup is pretty much useless right now.

I am surprised by this, given the overwhelmingly positive feelings on this board about the Kickr / TR combination.

Please help!
Quote Reply
Re: Arrrghhhh! Do you have this TR / Wahoo Kickr problem? [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had similar experiences in two of my recent rides. The resistance jumps up really high for about 2 seconds before it goes back to normal. So far, I've just powered thru it. I bought my Kickr in November of 2013.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Arrrghhhh! Do you have this TR / Wahoo Kickr problem? [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My spikes are not temporary. They get progressively worse until it becomes unbearable.

I should have mentioned that I have done multiple spindowns to recalibrate it. That makes no difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Arrrghhhh! Do you have this TR / Wahoo Kickr problem? [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HTFU? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the distance between ant+ stick and the Kickr? I have mine attached to an extender so it sits literally 6 inches from base of Kickr.

I have a Dec 2013 unit and still get the 1-2 second bursts in ERG mode now and then.

Mine tracks really close to my Quarq so I can't complain.
Quote Reply
Re: Arrrghhhh! Do you have this TR / Wahoo Kickr problem? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same problem here this evening for the first time. Just bought kickr. 5th time using kickr with TR in the last 2.5 weeks.

Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Arrrghhhh! Do you have this TR / Wahoo Kickr problem? [swoodbury] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know what's interesting, I think the Kickr watt drift with TrainerRoad is a TrainerRoad problem.

I also use VeloReality and ride their courses. For whatever reason, it's dead on my Quarq.
Quote Reply
Re: Arrrghhhh! Do you have this TR / Wahoo Kickr problem? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Wahoo Kickr powermeter drift is not a Trainer Road problem. This problem has been documented over and over again on these forums. Wahoos powermeter is just not that accurate

Trainer Road is essentially a relay between the "course or interval" and the Kickr. It displays the power from the Kickr and relays the power required for the interval to the ERG software of the Kickr. It does not control the power meter directly. Wahoo was supposed to update the software or provide a means for another powermeter such as a Quarq to sync with their power meter. Since I don't own a Kickr, that's something you need to research or call Wahoo about

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Feb 24, 15 18:06
Quote Reply
Re: Arrrghhhh! Do you have this TR / Wahoo Kickr problem? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me see if i understand the problem here;

Remove TR and the bluetooth dongle from the equation. Open Wahoo utility app on your iphone, try doing a steady state excercise.
Does the KICKR lock up after ~6 seconds and become impossible to pedal?
If so perform a spin down test. What does your offset value show up as?

If its anything less than ~100 i would suggest you call wahoo customer support and get them to give you a hand.
I had a similiar problem to the one i outlined above. I had a topcap that was faulty and was giving bad readings. Wahoo replaced overnight via courier. Been good ever since.

If the above is not your problem, then you at least know its not the KICKR. Start introducing pieces and see where the fault lies.
Quote Reply
Re: Arrrghhhh! Do you have this TR / Wahoo Kickr problem? [RONDAL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have another question. I was doing a TR workout with the wahoo and during that workout had the inet drop in and out. While I had no internet it seemed like everything was working fine and data was captured. I assumed the wo was saved locally on my pc and that it would be ok. At the end of the wo TR saves the workout and here I think I had an issue since at that point there was no internet. Is there a manual way to try to resave?
Last edited by: avikoren1: Feb 28, 15 10:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
You know what's interesting, I think the Kickr watt drift with TrainerRoad is a TrainerRoad problem.

I also use VeloReality and ride their courses. For whatever reason, it's dead on my Quarq.

When I tested KICKR with loaned SRM using veloreality software (WARNING !!! I AM VELOREALITY) however that was in so called simulation mode. I do not remember how close they were in ERG mode (that is what TrainerRoad uses),

Since my software supports both modes (SIM mode when riding video cources and ERG mode for workouts) I am curious if some of you with powermeters can check both modes using the software and tell the result? I no longer have SRM and can't use my powertap with KICKR for obvious reasons
Quote Reply
Re: Arrrghhhh! Do you have this TR / Wahoo Kickr problem? [kostya416] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, I love your software.

With my Quarq/Garmin as a random test I see +/- 1-3 watts in SIM mode, which is mostly what I do with your software. I've only done a few of your ERG workouts (mostly TrainerRoad) and never had my Quarq running as well. I rode the entire west flanders map yesterday in about an hour and your file was 1 watt higher than my Quarq/Garmin. Pretty damn dead on.

I use Trainer Road for the interval stuff in ERG mode and it's about 5-10 watts lower on average so I just us a +10 watt FTP. I still hate the crazy spoke spikes I get now and then.
Quote Reply