Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are there race stickers to put on your bike frame or helmet?
Quote | Reply
I was thinking how my plain and boring bike frame paint job could use more graphics than just the name of the company/person who made it. Races could make small vinyl stickers designed to go on your bike frame or helmet.

Like luggage travel stickers from 100 years ago. M-dot and Rev3 tattoos for your bike! Is anyone doing this or has this been done before?

Quote Reply
Re: Are there race stickers to put on your bike frame or helmet? [jjzonvil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Are there race stickers to put on your bike frame or helmet? [jjzonvil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While laughing at the "loser on board" suggestion (and slightly agreeing), I've seen people who can't bear to remove the stem sticker you get at IM races. I do have a friend who ordered up nice decals for her 11 IM races, each a symbol of the place. So she's got a couple of pines for IM Coeur d'Alene, a maple leaf for IM Canada and a bunch of cacti for her many IMAZ races. Not sure where she got them.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got one of these after the Mt. Washington race but haven't put it on my bike. I prefer the one for cars that says "The Driver of this Car Climbed Mt. Washington on a Bicycle:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My touring bike and older road bike have small stickers from every national park they have been ridden in. It started when I rode Trail Ridge in Rocky Mountain NP. When I got to the visitor center at the top and was waiting for the pipes to thaw so I could get some hot chocolate, people were buying stickers for their cars because they drove there, so I figured my bike was worthy.

If you want custom stickers, bikenames.com is affordable, but I don't think they do graphics (just fonts). There are probably other places that can make them. For example, there is a local business that does custom stickers and similar merchandised, but I the have minimum orders.
Quote Reply
Re: Are there race stickers to put on your bike frame or helmet? [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try your local vinyl wrap shop . They can make any thing from pinstripes , logos , virtually anything . And it's thinner material than most decals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my last bike, I had a 70.3 sticker on it. The sticker was maybe as large as the tip of my thumb.
It was white against a black frame.

On my current bike, I have sticker that has my name on it. I got it from veloink.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the US flag and my name on all my bikes. There are many styles available. Mine were from victory circle graphics.

My road bike has the top tube sticker from the 2015 Liege Bastogne Liege challenge. It has the distance markers of all the significant climbs and aide stations. Its the longest ride I have done so far and the most climbing I have done in 1 day.
Quote Reply
Re: Are there race stickers to put on your bike frame or helmet? [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no plans to remove my Kona sticker. It's pretty and shiny. But it's just on the top tube and not that big.

I'm not against it. Most bikes are pretty boring and could use a little something. My front race wheel has princess and Disney stickers on it that I let my 6 year old daughter put on there before most races. It seems to have brought me good luck overall.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Are there race stickers to put on your bike frame or helmet? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up some bar tape made by Hoy brand, and it came with a long sticker with H's on them (intended to be used for securing the tape). I used my own tape and wrapped this thing around my seat stays so that it displays "HH".
Quote Reply