Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are the athletes that use Cryotherapy killing the game or
Quote | Reply
No? Just curious what came of this trend?
Quote Reply
Re: Are the athletes that use Cryotherapy killing the game or [ErickBar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Katinka still a blast at 28 years old.

https://katinkahosszu.com/...es-of-katinka-hosszu

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Are the athletes that use Cryotherapy killing the game or [ErickBar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not killing the game.. but I do have a GameReady machine. purchased after knee surgery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello ErickBar and All,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...articles/PMC3956737/

Conclusion

WBC induces tissue-temperature reductions that are comparable to or less significant than traditional forms of cryotherapy. Controlled studies suggest that WBC could have a positive influence on inflammatory mediators, antioxidant capacity, and autonomic function during sporting recovery; however, these findings are preliminary.

Although there is some evidence that WBC improves the perception of recovery and soreness after various sports and exercise, this does not seem to translate into enhanced functional recovery. Only one study has focused on recovery after significant musculoskeletal injury, and long-term implications are unclear. [emphasis added]

Until further research is available, athletes should remain cognizant that less expensive modes of cryotherapy, such as local ice-pack application or CWI, offer comparable physiological and clinical effects to WBC.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Are the athletes that use Cryotherapy killing the game or [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using a GamReady for 3+ years.. it absolutely makes me feel better..After knee surgery I was sold on it. The GR really nice to use those first few nights and have the machine cycles on/off all night, all my family had to do was add ice. I have lots of attachments but mainly use the articulated knee, and back wraps. I recently got the leg wrap and started using that one after runs.

I also have compression gizmos... Air Relax and more recently Normatec.

To be 100% honest I like the GameReady and general aches and pains...especially after running. The Normatec seems to help after long bike rides.. even more so then the Gameready.

Running- GameReady
Biking - Normatec
Swimming - ? I'm so slow I don't get sore.
Quote Reply