Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are Specialized Trivent Expert shoes good for an Ironman
Quote | Reply
I picked up a pair of Specialized Trivent Expert tri shoes today and they seem super comfortable. Previously I did an Ironman in an old paid or Specialized road bike shoes. The thing that concerns me is that it is open in the top. I am wondering if over long distances anyone had issues with that causing any type of foot issue? Would love to hear from anyone who has done long distances in these shoes and what they think.
Quote Reply
Re: Are Specialized Trivent Expert shoes good for an Ironman [bigbuck425] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used them for a number of 70.3 as well as regular century rides. I don't even have 'normal' road bike shoes just Trivents.

Quote | Reply
I used them last year for both training and Racing in a few long course events. Was quite satisfied and wouldn't any cons on using it or na Ironman!
Quote Reply
Re: Are Specialized Trivent Expert shoes good for an Ironman [bigbuck425] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No complaints here. I dig 'em....

bigbuck425 wrote:
I picked up a pair of Specialized Trivent Expert tri shoes today and they seem super comfortable. Previously I did an Ironman in an old paid or Specialized road bike shoes. The thing that concerns me is that it is open in the top. I am wondering if over long distances anyone had issues with that causing any type of foot issue? Would love to hear from anyone who has done long distances in these shoes and what they think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done 5 Ironman races in them.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Are Specialized Trivent Expert shoes good for an Ironman [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used these for three years now and have no issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only shoes I use training or racing including 5 IM's. Only complaint is the new ones don't drain as well as the old ones. Has anyone drilled theirs?
Quote Reply
Re: Are Specialized Trivent Expert shoes good for an Ironman [Hugh@AP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone. I have been using them now for a few weeks up to a half IM distance and they are great. I did have to cut off the loops in the back as they were causing irritation, but other than that they are great shoes.
Quote Reply