Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are BMC the new TT kings
Quote | Reply
For a while it was Garmin, then Teams like Sky and Orica have been strong, plus any team with Tony Martin or Cancellara riding for them, but on current form and rider roster BMC look like they should be the team TT kings.

Of course this must be down to their new TT bikes ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Are BMC the new TT kings [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMC have been good as a team for quite a while now.
Cancellara as a team trial rider never had much success I thought?
Quote Reply
Re: Are BMC the new TT kings [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably right on Cancellara - was more thinking of Tony Martin (particularly the year when his solo rode would have placed him well in the TTT.

They seem to have of good testers at BMC. Garmins TTT was talked about in Dave Miller's book where he suggested the team still expected the results even though they had lost most of their top testers and notvreplsced them with similar TT talent.
Quote Reply
Re: Are BMC the new TT kings [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is not like Movistar sucks. I would rank them #2 after BMC. BMC has depth and power for the TTT, but Porte's performance at Sussie is the only dominant ITT win by a BMC rider I can remember since Phinney had some good rides pre-injury.

Orica is/was a great team, but they seem a bit off their game lately.

TTT is a very different ride. Each pull is 30 seconds or so at crazy high watts and then you go sit on. Perfect for a classics style rider but very different from the steady high 300/low 400 watt efforts of an ITT. I remember one of the Garmin guys saying he was doing 700 watts on his pulls. In contrast the power outputs shown in the Hammer series TT were in low 300s when people were not pulling on the front.
Quote Reply
Re: Are BMC the new TT kings [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Porte's performance at Sussie is the only dominant ITT win by a BMC rider I can remember since Phinney had some good rides pre-injury.

Was that supposed to be Rohan Dennis who won both ITTs in the Suisse? Porte road in the Dauphiné this year where he also had an excellent ITT.
Quote Reply
Re: Are BMC the new TT kings [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgreer wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:
Porte's performance at Sussie is the only dominant ITT win by a BMC rider I can remember since Phinney had some good rides pre-injury.

Was that supposed to be Rohan Dennis who won both ITTs in the Suisse? Porte road in the Dauphiné this year where he also had an excellent ITT.

Geez I forgot about Dennis. I need my head examined.
Quote Reply
Re: Are BMC the new TT kings [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would have podiumed at rio if his 3t bars on his bmc didn't break poor bastard. Even with the bike change froome only beat him to bronze by 8 seconds from memory. I'm a cancellara fanboi but Dennis can tt like a demon when he's on
Last edited by: coates_hbk: Jun 24, 17 7:42
Quote Reply