Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are 3 half marathons in a month possible ?
Quote | Reply
In October I have the opportunity to run 3 half marathons.
October 27 is the SONO half marathon - I'm in for that.

I have been challenged by a friend to run the Rock n Roll Brooklyn Half which is October 10

My boss is a runner too and he challenged me to the Paine to Pain 1/2 October 3 - this is a trail run.

Is it possible to run all three after an oly Tri sept. 27 ?
Quote Reply
Re: Are 3 half marathons in a month possible ? [Louamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on your goals, finish sure, race all, maybe, but depends on your fitness.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Louamerica wrote:

I have been challenged by a friend to run the Rock n Roll Brooklyn Half which is October 10

My boss is a runner too and he challenged me to the Paine to Pain 1/2 October 3 - this is a trail run.

It is "possible" to do 3 in a week. Three 1/2 marathons in a month is really no big deal if you are in shape. Just do it.

Simplify, Train, Live
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sure hope so because I did Boston 2 weekends ago, an Olympic last weekend, 70.3 today, long course duathlon next weekend, and a 13.1 every weekend the following 3 weekends. Not running the last three halfs competitively, just for fun but I'll let you know if I survive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
probably not possible as i've never known of anyone to be able to do 3, 13 mile runs in a 30 day period
Quote Reply
Re: Are 3 half marathons in a month possible ? [MeltingPot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you need some PINK font for that post.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Are 3 half marathons in a month possible ? [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msaad7 wrote:
I sure hope so because I did Boston 2 weekends ago, an Olympic last weekend, 70.3 today, long course duathlon next weekend, and a 13.1 every weekend the following 3 weekends. Not running the last three halfs competitively, just for fun but I'll let you know if I survive

Jeez, I hope you do survive !!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im all for challenges, but i wouldnt do the brooklyn half. i checked out the course and i have no idea why they came up with the course they did. it's a challenging course which ends with PP hill at the backend of the half. makes no sense, but that's my opinion. also, they have the runners go onto ocean parkway which kind of feels a slight decline, but you turn around and end up running back towards PP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure. Depends a lot on your fitness and how hard you want to go at each event. If you are trying to qualify for nationals and completely waste yourself at the Oly Tri, it will be a tough thing to run three quality 1/2's almost every weekend after that.

You say you are being "challenged" to run these events. Will you have to wear a skirt to the office if you lose? In that case you might want to re-think it (unless you are either a chick or a cross dresser to begin with).

I run 3 half-marathons a week in training so its definitely not all that hard if you approach your training the right way.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: Are 3 half marathons in a month possible ? [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not running the last three halfs competitively, just for fun but I'll let you know if I survive

http://www.ironcowboy.co/#home

:)
Last edited by: Sanuk: May 2, 15 19:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Completely impossible ur booty gun break 10000%
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are runners who run more than 13 miles 3 times a week. YES
Quote Reply
Re: Are 3 half marathons in a month possible ? [GoJohnnyGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People who do the Goofy are doing three in two days.

Can you race all three at your full potential? Probably not unless you have a big mileage base (ex. 80mpw runner).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: May 3, 15 16:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Louamerica wrote:

The SONO half is on 17 Oct so actually you'll be doing a half mary each Sat for 3 Saturdays in a row, or 3 in 15 days rather 3 in 30 days. This will be more challenging than say doing one on 3 Oct, one on 17 Oct, and one on 31 Oct, which would give you the recommended 13 days of recovery between each race. Obv though, as others have said, you can do all three but prob won't run PRs in all three:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Are 3 half marathons in a month possible ? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yikes !! You are right..
That makes the desion easier..
I'll do Paine to pain on oct. 4 ..

Brooklyn is out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Louamerica wrote:
Yikes !! You are right..
That makes the decision easier..
I'll do Paine to Pain on Oct. 4 ..

Brooklyn is out.

Happy to be of assistance; 27 Oct is a Tuesday, which struck me as an odd day for a race, so I Googled it and voila, it's the 17th:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there are 3 in the same month then yes, it is possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course, there are ultra races where people are running 100 miles in a 24 hr period, 39 in a month should be a joke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone training for a full marathon, towards the end of the training block, is going to be running more than 13 miles every weekend long run for a few weeks on end. So can you do it? Sure. I wouldn't be trying to race all three for time, but there is nothing at all odd about running 13+ miles three weekends in a row, with running all week too.
Quote Reply