I'm curious to hear what people think of the AW for sport activity (i.e. running, cycling, swimming). I've been a Garmin user for a decade but the idea of having music on my watch is far too appealing to not look into.
I'm less interested in hearing about the day-to-day use but want to hear if you miss your Garmin, is having music on your watch as awesome as I expect, is the GPS tracking good enough, etc.
Also, include if you have Series 2 or 3.
NOTE: I've already ready DC Rainmakers write-up... I just want to hear from the forum members.
Its pretty bad. I have the series 3.
Music (you need to subscribe to apple's music service for streaming)
Cellular (great for emergency's, terrible as something you would want to use regularly after the first few days when the honeymoon wears off).
All fitness. Why?
1. HR doesn't lock when you start an activity. It just counts down 3, 2, 1, go...HR may not record for the first few minutes due to this.
2. GPS doesn't lock. See point 1. Its the same issue.
3. Dropped HR during run/bike. It will just drop out for like 5 mins, 10 mins, etc randomly. Good times when this happens.
4. Can't edit your workouts. Lets say its off by 1/2 mile, you can't edit it ever. Unless of course you use a 3rd party app.
5. 3rd party apps are not very good. The ones out there are mostly made by one guy by himself in addition to his full time job. So when apple updates the watch, these apps break until the dev has time to fix them.
6. There are tons of bad workout apps from the big companies like nike and strava. They are just terrible.
7. Apple puts your stats in their workout app and apple health. So if you see your workout you cant see min/max HR, you need to go into another app to see it. No clue why, its just weird.
8. Hardly pairs with any sensors.
9. Cant export workout without 3rd party app and all 3rd party apps just cost more money
10. Need to charge every day or every other day if you have low use
11. Touch screen is terrible when wet, sweaty, cold, or hot. All touch screens are like this. One swim workout it took me like 3-4 mins before I could finally shut it off.
12. Cant view workouts on the watch itself once they are done. There is no history.
I'm sure there are more. I had the apple watch 3 for 2 months. It replaced my vahr. Needless to say I now have a 935. I just couldnt deal with all of the issues. It was one thing after another and I kept having to find workarounds for everything. It was a major pain. I now use it for music/cellular when I run/bike and wear my 935 on my wrist to track. I also wear the 935 all day - it looks better in my opinion and still sends me texts and such like the AW did. The only time I see myself only wearing AW and no garmin device is when I surf because of the cellular and I don't want to be the guy surfing with two watches, otherwise, I would.