Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone using Niterider Minewt batteries? Charge Q
Quote | Reply
I have a Minewt Dual 700 light set which has been in the cupboard for about a year. I took it out two nights ago and went to charge it but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have an older 200 lumen single Minewt kit and if I plug that battery in to the same charger it lights red (flat) and then will eventually go blue when charged. I thought the larger battery would do the same.

I wondered if there was a trick to it so pushed the power button and it went blue (when plugged into charger) but I was expecting red because it was flat. In any case I left it overnight. When I woke there was no light on. I used it that morning but it indicated red right away but still managed to last the 40 min ride with no problems.

I have the other charger at work so tried charging it without pushing the button - so there was no light at all - for a few hours but then worried that it wasn't doing anything so turned it on so that it went blue and left it a bit longer. After work I plugged it in and nothing (not even a quick flash of red). I had to use the smaller battery from the older kit.

Is there a trick to charging these batteries? It used to work ok but I do recall right out of the box that it didn't seem to charge as easily as the original smaller battery.

Cheers for any tips (other than buy another!)
Mike
Quote Reply