Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone use a Pebble watch?
Quote | Reply
Tried in the other forum and got no answers. With the price drop thought I might try one, but wanted to hear users feedback.

Thanks

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a Pebble watch? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I do. I mainly use it to switch my music tracks on my phone so I don't need to pull out the phone.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a Pebble watch? [gasman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long does the battery last? Do you have any connection issues with your phone? durability? I'm just getting sick of pulling my phone out to check the time, or see who is trying to contact me.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
really depends on what apps you're using, how many notifications you get, etc.
but it should last ~5-7 days. i think.

Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Tried in the other forum and got no answers. With the price drop thought I might try one, but wanted to hear users feedback.

Thanks

Yup. Been pretty handy. I got it so that I could see if my wife was calling me as I was doing Ironman training during the last trimester of her pregnancy with our twins.

But it's handy. And keeps getting better with software updates.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one from the original kickstarter campaign

I only use it now in specific scenarios -- ie: i want to be aware of my emails/notifications but I dont want to be pulling out my phone all the time.

example: disneyland with the kids, lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I charge my pebble everyday so I've never had it run out. I stream all my notifications to it and it seems it would last a few days. It informs me of all my texts, phone calls, emails, facebook updates. It's a nice +1 device but not a killer app device. I like having it but definitely not something that I can't live without. Now with the price drop I definitely think that it is more attractive as a convenient +1 device.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a Pebble watch? [gasman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have a good customer service. I had an orange device model which failed but they promptly sent me out another one. I also own the steel pebble which is nicer looking but does nothing different than the plastic one. Also if you have a problem contact customer service through the phone app not through email. You get much quicker service that way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked one up ~two weeks ago.
Like said before.. I wanted it so that I don't have to pull out my phone while training to see who is calling me...For that alone.. it is great and works perfect for that.
Otherwise.. the battery life is good, not great..but good. If very active with lots of use.. battery life goes down faster.. go figure.. If I use something.. the battery will be used up?? But overall no complaints with the battery use at all.. thinks it great. Also, my kids like the different faces that can be loaded onto it.

On a side note..I bought and returned the Garmin Vivosmart as I thought that would work for the same thing.. but got annoyed as it did not show the time all the time (had to flick it on to see the time). If I am going to wear something..I want to be able to at least see the time without having to "wake it up." Plus.. I think the pebble is slimmer than the garmin vivosmart.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is a great watch and I like it a lot. My battery though after 2 years is holding less and less of a charge. Down to about 2 days now.

Perfect indeed for keeping your phone in the pocket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Casio Omnisync- basically like a Casio digital watch with Bluetooth connectivity. It was relatively cheap, only about $70, but you can use it with an iPhone app like Wahoo fitness and have it display workout info from the phone like heart rate, pace, or whatever. It works like a Wahoo RFLKT but as a watch. When not using it for working out you can have it give notifications from the phone for email, text, call ID etc.

I looked at the Pebble and Magellan Echo but went with the Omnisync because it was cheaper, fully waterproof and a fully functional watch when not connected to anything. It also runs on a CR2032 battery so you just have to change it when the battery dies (lasted ~6 months). It's worked out reasonably well, sometimes connecting it to my phone can be a bit finicky (for instance, won't connect unless I kill the fitbit app, needs to connect to Casio app before I launch the Wahoo one). Also, it just looks like a regular Casio watch, so 0 wow factor, and the little text window for notifications is small so you can see who is sending a message, but not really read it. Overall I'm reasonably happy with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one. I use it for only very basic functions, but I do feel it is worth it. Don't consider it to be a triathlon tool though.

I use it for sleep tracking, mainly to help me be conscientious about getting enough. I tried a swim tracking app, but I didn't think it was very good. I had a go at using the navigation for running routes, but not as much as I would have liked - it worked pretty well though.
The notifications is very cool. One of the biggest benefits is that it eliminates "ghost vibrations" from your pocket when you think you've got a text but you didn't really get one.

I actually destroyed mine scuba diving on my last few days in kona, so now it's faced the acid test- and the result is: I really miss it. Will buy another as soon as I can.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a Pebble watch? [HH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody currently using a Pebble?

I'm interested in one now - I have Type 1 Diabetes and can get my blood sugar to display on the watch (so cool!). Looking to going back to an iPhone and getting a Pebble.

Apparently there's a swim app too? Doing some research, I'm not sure it's the best though. Anybody with some experience?
Quote Reply