Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone run in brooks adrenaline
Quote | Reply
I have been an asics nimbus fan for a while and tried brooks glycerin for a season and felt ok. I went to a store and tried on the adrenaline 15 shoe. It felt pretty good. I ended up going back to nimbus, but was tempted to buy the adrenaline. I read reviews and saw that series 14 was not liked.

I have a semi high arch. Just curious what users thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone run in brooks adrenaline [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been wearing the shoes forever. I ignore the reviews. I just back the previous years so I save a few bucks. Just bought 14's and are fine.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone run in brooks adrenaline [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've run in the 11's, 12's and 13's. Great shoes. I also try to purchase previous years models.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been wearing them for a decade, and frankly don't have much to compare to. No injuries so I just keep buying them. I also but them a cycle behind, but I pulled out a pair of series 14s a few weeks ago and the first few runs have felt very different on the right foot. Feels like there is a steel bar right under the balls of my 2nd and 3rd toe. I thought they would just break in, but they haven't. Something isn't right with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup, they have been my "go to" shoes for >5 years. I also own a pair of Brooks Pure Cadence, ST4s, ST5s, and had a brief haitus from Brooks when I got some Mizunos. They don't feel that "racey" but are very comfortable and you have to offset the slight speed loss (from weight ~315g) from increased comfort and the fact your biomechanics will break down just that little bit later in longer runs. For 5Ks and maybe 10Ks, I rate the ST shoes as feeling quicker but no way would I train in them. The Pure Cadence will stress your legs differently as ~4mm drop c/w ~13mm, so are taking some time to get used to but they too are light.
Last edited by: zamm0: Mar 30, 15 0:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my 5th pair now (12, 13, 14) and just ordered a pair of 15's yesterday. I love these shoes. No complaints here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran in the 6,7,8,9,10,12,13,14s

The 14s were my absolute favorite. I recently got the 15s, hated them. Seems Brooks changed quite a bit.

Matt
Race-Ready Endurance Training
Team BIKEWAY.com
NYPD Racing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Asics Nimbus and the Brooks Adrenaline (GTS) are 2 different shoes in their approach, design, marketing. Both stallwarts and have been around a long time, but not sure why you are switching at all.

That said, the Adrenaline is one of those shoes that you could blindly recommend to a large population and most would like since a right down the middle shoe with regards to cushion, support, weight, cost, etc.

If you feel that you have a "semi high arch" in your words and have no issues, I'd stick with the nimbus.

Shoe reviews from both people and "professionals" are pretty useless other than for sizing help (BTW, I'm a shoe reviewer from time to time for some blogs/companies) ;-)

Quote | Reply
Been running in them in 13,14, and 15. In middle of 2014 switched to Newtons for 6 months and although felt a bit faster I injured my achilles and switched back to the Brooks and with excercise of the achilles fixed that and stayed true to the Brooks since then. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Comfortable shoes, never have gotten blisters or any discomforts to speak of, knock on wood :)
Quote Reply