Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone put a hook on a Dash saddle for transition racking?
Quote | Reply
Thinking about getting a Dash saddle, but none of them have a rear hook for transition racking. I hate hanging the bike by the nose of the saddle. Anyone have a modification for a rear hook?

Quote | Reply
Have you contacted them to ask? Their customer service is incredible and they'd probably have some kind of option for you. Personally I don't mind racking mine using the nose, I find it easy to just 'push/pull' and my bike is free.

I also absolutely LOVE my Dash Stage, went through three other saddles before this one and could not possibly be happier with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone put a hook on a Dash saddle for transition racking? [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can easily make one for the TT.9
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone put a hook on a Dash saddle for transition racking? [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not just mount about any rear hydration holder on your seat/post and use that to hook on the rack as well? Xlab etc. I have that on my Dash and could just easily rack with the single bottle holder
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't you just put the front of the saddle over the bar?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just hang mine on the nose as well. It is a close fit, but I have never had any issues with it falling off the rack.

Like the other poster said it is just a push, pull, go.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone put a hook on a Dash saddle for transition racking? [Cervelokid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelokid wrote:
This is what I do. However, if you've got a tall bike on a short rack, it can be a problem if the racking is tight and you don't have room to turn the bike sideways to get it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone put a hook on a Dash saddle for transition racking? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surroundhound wrote:
Cervelokid wrote:
This is what I do. However, if you've got a tall bike on a short rack, it can be a problem if the racking is tight and you don't have room to turn the bike sideways to get it out.
True, I have run into this. Also I have a pod the size of a bottle on the back for my tubie flat kit that can get in the way. Oh well :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always hang mine by the brake levers. It's a lot more stable. Racing and in the Rocky mountain region I've seen the wind catch the disk wheels and blow them around on the transition rack.
Quote Reply