Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3?
Quote | Reply
Wondering specifically about M50-54.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3? [Sawchuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it went to about 9th. Biggest roll downs were M25-29 (went to 23rd) and I think M40-44 (went to 25th). That one might have been an age group either direction as I was only half paying attention.

Quote | Reply
What about M35-39? Those roll downs are ridiculous 23rd and 25th.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3? [trimdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimdc wrote:
What about M35-39? Those roll downs are ridiculous 23rd and 25th.

35-39 - "I have a kid(s) and a wife that will divorce me if I sign up for this".

40-44 - "the child support payments are making it hard to afford this stuff. Plus my girlfriend has expensive tastes".

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha. So true. Especially a trip to Austria!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3? [Sbradley11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbradley11 wrote:
I think it went to about 9th. Biggest roll downs were M25-29 (went to 23rd) and I think M40-44 (went to 25th). That one might have been an age group either direction as I was only half paying attention.

M25-29 If only I didn't have student loan payments!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3? [trimdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Non of the other ones rolled ubsurdly deep. Not enough that they caught my attention anyway. I think it went to tenth in M35-39.

Quote | Reply
Sbradley11 wrote:

I had a teammate waiting to take it at 9th so I guess he got his rolldown slot! The lateness of the awards/rolldown and the expense of a trip to Austria, I'm surprised more AGs did not go that deep. I'd rather take my maple syrup (trophy) early, head home and enjoy the pancakes...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3? [joggernut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@joggernut, was that Carl Hefflefinger? He pipped me in the finishing chute with c.100 yds to go...I assumed it wouldn't roll down that far and left before the awards, so I kind of hope he did take it, to spare me the regret.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3? [Sawchuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sawchuck wrote:
@joggernut, was that Carl Hefflefinger? He pipped me in the finishing chute with c.100 yds to go...I assumed it wouldn't roll down that far and left before the awards, so I kind of hope he did take it, to spare me the regret.

Yeah that was Carl! He really wanted that spot. Goes to show you to never give up.

I had a similar experience last year at Timberman, an ex-pro hockey player Michael Eagles blew by me like a freight train on that grassy finishing stretch. That guy was built like a sherman tank! I did not stick around for the Tremblant rolldown but heard afterward it well into the double digits.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you, sir, are wise beyond your years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah and I'm cursed in the M30-34 group thinking "I better do this now before my wife gets pregnant and I have to wait until I'm 40+".

Hoping no fast single dudes with flexible work schedules and disposable income show up to Tahoe 70.3. And that all those fast Everyman Jack guys either all qualified or signed up for the full.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3? [joggernut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny - I remember Mike Eagles - pretty sure he played for the Nordiques for a few years. Carl went by more like a thoroughbred than a freight train, by the time I saw him he had 4-5 strides on me. That guy has big time wheels!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone remember M45-49 rolldown?

Thanks
Ian
Last edited by: ianbal: Aug 18, 14 18:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@sawchuck - just heard back from Carl, turns out the M50-54 rolldown only made it to 6th instead of 9th, so no slot for him. But he will have a good shot in the spring since he ages up next year.

Yeah, Mike Eagles played for the Nordiques, Blackhawks, Jets and finished up with the Capitals. I think his most productive years were with the Nordiques.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks @joggernut, I can breathe a little easier now. Both because I didn't lose a slot by ~100 yds to Carl, and because I won't have to have nightmares about him breathing down my neck at mile 13 for a few years. Until I age up as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3? [Sbradley11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know about M30-34? Apparently someone in the top 5 got DQ'd or there was a timing error because I am suddenly bumped up one place from where I stood on Sunday night.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3? [Fluffyfin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't take my slot. I think it rolled to 5th. The guy who took it was on the podium.

Quote | Reply
How do they determine bib numbers?

Most of the guys in the M30-34 were in the 1500-1700 range but a few guys at the point end were in the 100's, yourself included Scott. Is this due to the IM AWA? Do they give people with proven times capable of winning the AG a lower number for any reason?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have AG rolldown info from 2014 Timberman 70.3? [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea. That was an AWA thing I think. They didn't do that at either of the other races I did this year (Puerto Rico or Syracuse) but they did here.