Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody run with a portable satellite radio?
Quote | Reply
Any devices out there that actually work and are small enough to run with?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody run with a portable satellite radio? [jonahsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonahsdad wrote:
Any devices out there that actually work and are small enough to run with?

Thanks

I used to run with a Sirius Stiletto 100 before I switched over to using the SiriusXm app. Are you in a place with no cell coverage? I went through two of those things. The battery life on them is a bit bad due to the amps the unit needs to draw to pull down a good signal. It worked pretty well till my dog tripped me then I smashed it on the ground. I don't know if they are still made but they can be found on eBay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can stream Sirius-XM with their iPhone or Android app. If you have an "all access" account already (e.g in your car), streaming is included.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody run with a portable satellite radio? [Tracker09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run places with no cell coverage.

With my online searching it looks like nobody makes a good unit anymore because cell phones can do the double duty. I am probably out of luck and stuck listing to my terrible selection of local radio.
Last edited by: jonahsdad: Jun 29, 15 7:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think with an iPhone and the Sirius app, you can download on demand shows and play them without a data connection. I know for sure you can with podcasts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both Sirius Stilettos (100, Stiletto 2) and the SiriusXM Lynx have the Radio Replay feature, where it automatically saves hours worth of whatever you listen to, so you can set it up in a place where you have a signal, let it record, then during runs you can just listen to what it recorded (no signal required). I'm pretty sure the app has a similar feature, but I don't know that for sure. I used to listen to my Stiletto Radio Replays all the time while working out in places without a reliable signal.
Quote Reply