Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any one know who this guy is???
Quote | Reply
Raced NYC Biathlon today and this guy crushed the field and broke course record. Googled him to figure out who he was and what other races he has done... and was very surprised to see the first video that came up

http://nytc.org/results_full.cfm?ID=191

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhGWNSYacNo

http://luke-fit.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Any one know who this guy is??? [ijs1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he weren't spending all his time doing weights, he'd be much faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He ran 6:11 pace for first run and 6:38 for the second run with a 26mph bike for 12 miles. Doesn't seem that outrageous.

Re: Any one know who this guy is??? [JustinNorCal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not saying its not totally doable, but just fyi, that run isn't 2 miles, its like 2.2 (it has literally never been measured correctly, ever). So pace is a little quicker for both.
Quote Reply
Re: Any one know who this guy is??? [woden2003] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he has some results from his homeland if you look on Athlinks. He is a 2:15 Olympic guy.

Quote | Reply
JustinNorCal wrote:
He ran 6:11 pace for first run and 6:38 for the second run with a 26mph bike for 12 miles. Doesn't seem that outrageous.

Run is easily 2.2 miles (no idea why they keep that distance every year). And Central park loop in <14min is extremely fast, pretty hilly on the west side. There is another race, same course Oct 2nd, if you come out for the race and beat that time I will pay for your trip.

Wasn't so much in awe of the time, just was taken aback that first thing that comes up on google search is a weightlifting video.

And if he is a 2:15 Olympic guy, I don't know where this time came from because I did 2:10 a few weeks ago and he stomped me today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JustinNorCal wrote:

Yeah, for whatever reason those runs are crazy long. Based on my experience, those are good for about 30 seconds/mile faster in reality. And that bike time is actually pretty great for Central Park. And that Youtube video is just the right amount of narcissist-erotic. All in all, I wouldn't object if he found my number scrawled in the stall of a Central Park bathroom.

------
David Roche
Some Work, All Play podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/...ll-play/id1521532868
Coaching: https://swaprunning.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Any one know who this guy is??? [DaveRoche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The website is even funnier.

Quote | Reply
He is faster than 2:15. Athlinks has him at 2:12 and change, and that was with a 1:12 split on the bike. This was in 2008, so apparently he has been working on his bike over the last couple of years.
Quote Reply
Re: Any one know who this guy is??? [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's gotta be the CrossFit

Quote | Reply
Comparing your orange against his apple.

Maybe you should start lifting more weights.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check him out on this video and the beer at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related
Quote Reply
Re: Any one know who this guy is??? [kjsmitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The run came in at about 2.4 miles on my Garmin, and the winning time was a course record.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JustinNorCal wrote:
The website is even funnier.

Coach and triathlet!

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Any one know who this guy is??? [rmb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmb wrote:
The run came in at about 2.4 miles on my Garmin, and the winning time was a course record.

Anyone else race this with a garmin? Would like to see if 2.4 is the consensus and try to get some accurate splits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ijs1 wrote:
rmb wrote:

Anyone else race this with a garmin? Would like to see if 2.4 is the consensus and try to get some accurate splits.

It was 2.34 after I uploaded. I remembered 2.39 from the race but probably my eyesight from the Garmin screen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello from Germany! He's a friend racing out of the Nuernberg area here in Germany.
Definatley a sub 2 hour Olympic guy, slow, very slow swimmer but great bike/runner.
One of his best mates is Blei (Sebastian Bleisteiner) 2010 70.3 AG 20-25 Champ from Clearwater - similar body structure ;-)
We'll see how he does in Vegas this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Any one know who this guy is??? [TriIllinois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,

i saw him four years ago in Australia at a police competition, he is very fit in every sports. Lots of strength and cardio. He´s results are amazing, he is a tough guy and always on training.
In Australia he told me that he like it to lift weights more than doing cardio.... that´s funny.... don´t think about it how fast he is without that weight lifting - yeah it gives me lots of motivation !!

bye
Quote Reply
Re: Any one know who this guy is??? [Ruthi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome !!

Quote Reply