Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any harm in taking my Kiwami tri suit in the pool for a quick swim?
Quote | Reply
I got a Kiwami Amphibian a few weeks ago to race in this year (doing mostly short course stuff) and I've done one bike/run in it but I haven't swum in it yet and would like to do so before St. Anthony's. Any harm in taking it into the pool for 30 minutes?
Quote Reply
Re: Any harm in taking my Kiwami tri suit in the pool for a quick swim? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. A couple of swims won't kill it (I use one in early season tris with pool swims), but regular swimming in it will kill the lycra. Rinse it in cold water after you're done.

Companies don't want you to swim in their trisuits in chlorinated pools because then people complain that their $200 trisuit died in a month.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Any harm in taking my Kiwami tri suit in the pool for a quick swim? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What he said. I swam in the pool in a tri suit I think about twice. And a wetsuit about two or three times. I rinsed them immediately. The tri suit I washed as soon as I came home because it stank of chlorine even after rinsing with fresh water. There were no obvious signs of damage or wear.

But do it 4 times a week for a few months and they'd get ruined.
Quote Reply
Re: Any harm in taking my Kiwami tri suit in the pool for a quick swim? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got back home. Put it on for the last 20mins. Fits well and doesn't restrict my swim (yay!). Dried off freaky fast once I was out. Maybe 1-2sec faster per 100m than normal jammers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very glad it worked out well.
and I confirm what the other guys were saying: an occasional exposure to chlorinated water is not going to harm the suit's qualities, as long as you rinse it off very well. our fabrics are extremely durable.
wish you a great racing season!

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Just got back home. Put it on for the last 20mins. Fits well and doesn't restrict my swim (yay!). Dried off freaky fast once I was out. Maybe 1-2sec faster per 100m than normal jammers.

For a second, I misread your post and thought that you were giving us details on exactly how fast it dried! haha
Quote Reply
Re: Any harm in taking my Kiwami tri suit in the pool for a quick swim? [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FDP = Functional Drying Power :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used my ROKA swim skin in the pool a few times (just to get used to it). Same as others have stated, don't make a habit of it, make sure you rinse it out with cold water after, etc. Roka told me the same I believe.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply