Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Any Fuji bike owners on here?
Quote | Reply
I know there isn't too much talk about Fuji bikes on here compared to other more popular brands like Cervelo, Cannondale, Specialized...etc. But I am intrigued by the Fuji Transonic frame and its price point of $2000. I know it is carried by Performance Bike and other independently owned shops. I really don't know much about the brand nor the reputation for quality and customer service.

Can any share some insight regarding the quality of the frames and what I could potentially expect customer service wise if there ever was a warranty issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first 2 road bikes were Fujis. My wife's TT bike is a D6. They make great bikes for the money, especially if you get them on sale at Performance.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My road bike is a Fuji Team Pro. It came with the Ultegra group with a Dura Ace rear derailleur. I picked it up in new 2007, only thing I've changed is the newer shifters (Ultegra again), saddle and cranks. The original cranks were a compact set and the front shifting was dreadful, I switched out to a normal size crank set and it's shifted fine ever since. I shopped around quite a bit and this bike fit my budget and had the best components. The only complaint, if I would even call it a compliant, is the frame could be stiffer.

I haven't had a need for warranty work so I cannot comment on that, but this bike has been ridden hard, hit the ground a few times, and one full head-on crash with a pedestrian bridge abutment without any damage except to me. I would buy another Fuji.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know a number of people that ride them around me. I haven't heard anybody say anything negative about them. One guy broke his frame after having it for a number of years, 5 or so, and Fuji replaced it.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [Max Daddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've raced a D6 for three years and it's been a great bike. My road bike is the SST 1.0 w/ Dura Ace and it is an awesome bike. Stiff, fast and responsive. I've found them to be great bikes for the money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My race bike is a D6 as well and while its the only TT bike ive owned, i really do like it a lot! My roadie is an Altimirra that i like but am thinking about swapping for an SST since the SST is a bit stiffer and has a bit more agressive fit. The only issues ive had with my Fuji's have been a couple loose spokes, NBD. And when i bought the D6 there was an issue where Fuji wasnt shipping bikes with the setscrews in the dropouts. I asked the shop i got it from if they were there and they assured me they were, me being a dumbass i took their word for it and come to find out after 2 rides and much wheel rub the setscrews were in fact not there! I emailed fuji and they 2 day aired me the setscrews.

FYI, if you decide to purchase a bike from performance, they have a 1 year love it guarantee! ride it for 6 months and if you dont like it and want to switch to something else they sell you can do that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

FYI: Bicycle Doctor USA has Fuji's on sale right now, some sweet looking bikes at great prices.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've owned Fuji's for many years. Great frames, no issues for me personally. Can't comment on customer service as I have never had to use it.

Crashed and totaled my Fuji D6 back in May and replaced it with a used Cannondale slice.

Still have a Fuji Altimara road bike

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [runnerwv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently picked up the Norcom Straight 2.1, and haven't had any issues with it yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My California bike is a Fuji road bike. It's a nice bike for the money.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My last two road bikes were Fujis. Had a 2005 Team Issue, which was awesome, and I'm currently riding a the carbon Aloha tt frame built up as a road bike. Both are awesome frames and zero complaints. Keep in mind most of the big name brands are made in the same factories anyway.

I don't think they did the aero testing for the transonic as something like the s5, but it'll still be a fantastic ride, and will have a lifetime warranty.

Quote | Reply
My first tri bike was a 2008 Fuji Aloha, aluminum frame and carbon fork/seatpost, 105 group. It was a great entry-level bike, lots of bang for the buck, and it's currently in permanent residence on my indoor trainer. Runs like a charm.

I upgraded to carbon after about 4 years, but went with another brand because I got a good deal on a closeout. The carbon Fuji's are beautiful, but I haven't ridden one. I wouldn't hesitate to get another Fuji.

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a Fuji owner but the Fuji Transonic really catch my eye, I'm quite fond of it's design. I'm currently on the market for a new road bike and along with the Fuji I have the Giant Propel Advanced and Felt AR on my shortlist :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride a 1st gen Altamira 1.0. Great bike and an awesome ride.
In Reply To:

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a road bike, I don't think there's a better buy than the Fuji Roubaix with 105.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [dewman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dewman wrote:
My first tri bike was a 2008 Fuji Aloha, aluminum frame and carbon fork/seatpost, 105 group. It was a great entry-level bike, lots of bang for the buck, and it's currently in permanent residence on my indoor trainer. Runs like a charm.

I upgraded to carbon after about 4 years, but went with another brand because I got a good deal on a closeout. The carbon Fuji's are beautiful, but I haven't ridden one. I wouldn't hesitate to get another Fuji.

x2.. the 2008 Aloha was my first tri bike, currently stripped down to the frame and hanging in the basement. Given my lack of races this year I've actually been thinking of switching back to the Aloha and selling off the Plasma LTD that replaced it.

Also have a Team SL as my road bike, super-light even built up with 105-level components.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [lsousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa, just took a look at the Transonic, might be time for a new bike! Or at least frame and move my current components over.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick B wrote:
For a road bike, I don't think there's a better buy than the Fuji Roubaix with 105.

+1

My current road bike is a 2012 Fuji Roubaix with 105s and I couldn't be happier for the price (~$1k new from Performance).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burninglegs wrote:
I know there isn't too much talk about Fuji bikes on here compared to other more popular brands like Cervelo, Cannondale, Specialized...etc. But I am intrigued by the Fuji Transonic frame and its price point of $2000. I know it is carried by Performance Bike and other independently owned shops. I really don't know much about the brand nor the reputation for quality and customer service.

Can any share some insight regarding the quality of the frames and what I could potentially expect customer service wise if there ever was a warranty issue?

been riding D6 for 4 years. still turns heads.
friend just got a top of the line road bike, loves it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a really sweet Frameset: Fuji D6 3.0 54cm 1250 Grams (red and black theme) for sale. This could be an awesome buildout bike for the right person. Make me an offer I can't refuse, I really need to get some money together for IMAZ. for the right offer, I'll include Zipp Crank and Selle Italia seat. Not offended by low ball offers. I just decided I like my Trek SC 7.0 better.[/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had a few Fuji bikes. The first couple (10 plus years ago) were very twitchy handling bikes. I had a SST two seasons ago and the geometry was very dialed. The bike was incredibly stiff and responsive but the ride was a bit harsh. It seems the difference is on the more expensive brands the stiffness is still there but the ride quality is more refined.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [nate2584] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a 2012 SST 3.0 (105's) and love it. It is not for everyone as it is super stiff and aggressive position. Built for large sprinters, but I am the exact opposite. I like the stiffness and the road comfort doesn't bother me. I like the aggressive position and it is super fast. Altimira is lighter and better for climbing. The Transonic looks awesome and would by it in a heartbeat. I just picked up a Norcom Straight 1.3 (Ultegra Di2) because it was a great deal for what you get and it was the most beautiful TT bike I have ever seen (personal preference and I am a sucker for red). I can't imagine riding a TT bike without Di2. I have no problems with hills now because of the horn shifters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are great bikes. They don't spend the marketing dollars in North America that Trek/Cannondale/Giant do but that does not mean they are any lesser...

My first TT bike was a Fuji Aloha - I loved it!
My wife rides a Fuji Finest and loves the bike
My neighbor rode a Fuji steel road bike for several years, and wins club TTs on a Fuji D6.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
My first 2 road bikes were Fujis. My wife's TT bike is a D6. They make great bikes for the money, especially if you get them on sale at Performance.

^^^This.

My road bike is a Fuji. Great bikes for the $$$ if you can live without roadie snob value.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply

Prev Next