Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any BH G5 Riders Out There?
Quote | Reply
what do you think?
local dealer is picking them up and we have a shot at ordering some 2011 frames at a killer deal and i'm really considering it...

Quote | Reply
I have a G4, not much different, love it
Quote Reply
Re: Any BH G5 Riders Out There? [hvywghttrigy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the response.
anyone currently riding a G5 and want to throw your opinion my way?

Quote | Reply
I just got a 2011 RC1, should finish the build tonight and get it out tomorrow. Since the geometry is the same as a G5, I'll report back for you. Really nice construction and shape so far, hopefully it rides as nice as it looks.
Quote Reply
Re: Any BH G5 Riders Out There? [jkcoop3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's like a G6.

The back end with the short chainstays is nice. Seat tube angle slightly more relaxed than is common, about a half degree. I like the fit across the size range and the frame angles.

The down tube and top tube could use a little stiffness IMO. My reference bike is the Cervelo R3 on ride quality and stiffness and the G5 has good shock absoprtion but the front felt slightly "disconnected" from the back to me in some situations. That said, I like road bikes that are road bikes- classic Euro relaxed STA and shortist chainstays (even though short chainstays aren't necessarily "Euro").

I liked it. I'd ride it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Any BH G5 Riders Out There? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks a lot, Tom.
funny enough, i'm going back and forth between the 2011/2012 R3 Team and the G5!
i've ridden the R3 quite a bit, hopefully i'll get to step over a G5 before the order date passes.

Quote | Reply
I had the RC1 last year and now have the G5. The G5 is a real race machine where the RC1 was also a great bike, but not as rigid (stiff) and responsive. I love it.

If you are considering a Cervelo, which is also a great bike, go with the BH as you will not be a lemming and creat your own personailty. Great bike. Please defer to Tom Demerly for all tech aspects. He knows them all!

PT
Quote Reply
Re: Any BH G5 Riders Out There? [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks a lot Paul, good to hear from a few people who have actually ridden the thing.
beyond it's performance, ability to build it into a weight weenie machine and great looks, one of the other reasons i'm considering picking one up is its uniqueness; not a bike you see in many group rides.

Quote | Reply
Hi - I loved riding my BH G5, mostly with Campy Super Record components. It handled all situations very well. Sprinting, climbing, and mountain descents. Very stable.

I'm dealing with a serious concussion that is taking me out of the sport. I just posted my BH G5 for sale on Slowtwitch. It's a very rare bike in Canada. It's main showing is in Europe and it was hand made in Spain. (late 2012 model). Several TDF teams used this frame. I thought it rode better than the G6.
Quote Reply