Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO
Quote | Reply
The 2015 IM Brazil champion tested positive for EPO this year a day before 70.3 Buenos Aires

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...in_the_net_6400.html
Quote Reply
Re: Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Needs to pay the price with a suspension.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
The 2015 IM Brazil champion tested positive for EPO this year a day before 70.3 Buenos Aires

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...in_the_net_6400.html

What's her background?
Is she an MD?

Otherwise, who is her 'handler'?

She takes the blame, but in an athlete like her, there is always somebody 'behind the curtain'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was she using latex tubes in her tires?
Quote Reply
Re: Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Read the article on the front page. She seemed very deliberate and calculating. "I did it and here's why."
Unbelievable the risk to ones career and reputation is worth it to some.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So not only a cheater but maybe not the sharpest tool in the box for taking EPO close enough to a race to get popped by an in competition test.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMO, something like that deserves a lifetime ban.
Quote Reply
Re: Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I only did it once and it didn't help me. Sounds like the same thing Dave LeDuc (former masters cycling world champ) said when he got popped a few years ago. I remember being so impressed watching him in is late 50's, along with a 19 year old kid, lap the field in a 1,2 race a couple of years before that in a circuit race in Roanoke. Then I learned why.

I love cycling and any sport that involves cycling. But, I've reached the stage where I just don't believe the results are clean - even with the focus on bio-passport and testing in the last few years.

It would be great if the various testing agencies could post who they've tested and when. Then we could see what's really going on in the testing world and if some athletes are tested frequently and others rarely or not at all. That may not be feasible, though.
Quote Reply
Re: Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pat0 wrote:
Wow. Read the article on the front page. She seemed very deliberate and calculating. "I did it and here's why."
I doubt she's any more deliberate or calculating than anyone else who does this. In fact I'd say she's less calculating since she seems to have done a poor job of it. We often get rambling non-commital, nonesense answer which may come across as less calculating or deliberate but are probably just less honest. However, having said that, I wouldn't be on this being an honest account either. If someone's willing to cheat, they are quite capable of dishonesty, and it is therefore impossible to believe without skepticism that this was the first time she doped.
Quote Reply
Re: Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:

It would be great if the various testing agencies could post who they've tested and when.

For the U.S. Doesn't say exactly when, but you get # of tests and date as close as quarter of a year. Apparently most-tested U.S. athlete in q1 2017 is Matt Chrabot with 6 tests.

https://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/
Quote Reply
Re: Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
FatandSlow wrote:

It would be great if the various testing agencies could post who they've tested and when.

For the U.S. Doesn't say exactly when, but you get # of tests and date as close as quarter of a year. Apparently most-tested U.S. athlete in q1 2017 is Matt Chrabot with 6 tests.

https://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

Thanks for sharing, Trail.

Wow. Matt got tested 12 times last year. 6 times so far this year. That seems excessive. So I looked at the Triathlon tests for 2016. 277 tests. 106 athletes. 13 triathletes were tested 6 or more times for a total of 111 tests. 12% of athletes accounted for 40% of the tests. I was shocked at how many are tested almost monthly. Tim O'Donnell was tested 15 times!
Quote Reply
Re: Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
busted_doper wrote:
I only did it once and ...

I throw this in the face of everyone who says we don't have rigorous testing programs.
its easy to not get caught?
we catch all these people on the one and only time they dope. nothing gets past us.

Quote Reply
Re: Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and they always throw in a lame apology when caught. I agree. I wouldn't believe her account of things. she cheated. needs a nice long suspension
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She seemed very deliberate and calculating.

Just like every single athlete who takes PED's. The only difference is that she admits it.

Quote Reply
Re: Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:

we catch all these people on the one and only time they dope. nothing gets past us.

It was even more amazing with the Kayle LeoGrande positive last week. He used a supplement for the first time the night before the test. Nothing gets by USADA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pat0 wrote:

Phew...glad she layed it out because I thought she might go with "I am 'tranquilo" or "I need to get to the bottom of this because everyone who knows me knows this is not me" or some other scripted response.
Quote Reply
Re: Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That so-called admission is what seems very deliberate and calculated.
Quote Reply
Re: Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
busted_doper wrote:
I only did it once and ...

I throw this in the face of everyone who says we don't have rigorous testing programs.
its easy to not get caught?

LOL...true story
Quote Reply
Re: Another pro triathlete tested positive for EPO [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lame excuses. Surely she did not do it herself. She does not want to betray the supplier for a simple reason: her career is over. A pity. She was regarded as an idol here in Brazil by many (and...there are now a lot of hatter's smiling...)

But cheaters need to be punished. Too bad the overwhelming majority comes out unscathed.
Quote Reply