Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another disc cover question. This time it is different!
Quote | Reply
Anyone paint their disc cover?
Please show me your art work. (And your methods)
I need some ideas.
Last edited by: uva0224: Jul 7, 15 11:11
Quote Reply
Re: Another disc cover question. This time it is different! [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uva0224 wrote:
Anyone paint their disc cover?
Please show me your art work. (And your methods)
I need some ideas.

I don't have photos, but I did a black/white yin/yang design. Got a couple sheets of adhesive vinyl, cut out to shape, put them on. I used that for a while, until it started to get ratty. I then spray painted the other side (and the hole) with white plastic paint and removed the vinyl, and stuck with that for a couple of years.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Another disc cover question. This time it is different! [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a pinstripe outline on mine.
I projected the design on a wall, put the cover there, and traced it with a black marker. (easy enough to see in direct light, close up)

Then I used pinstripe paint (whatever that main brand is in the 4oz yellow cans for about $8) and a pinstripe brush (~$15).

My cover is DIY and has the rougher side facing out. The paint is a little thin and so it rolls through those grooves like a flood in a canyon. After experimenting for awhile on scrap, I found I had to lay down a line super thin to avoid runs. It took 4 coats before it was bright enough and even enough. I could probably use one more, but lost patience. It looks good enough sitting on the rack from a few steps back, kinda crappy if you get within a couple feet.

http://imgur.com/0AfbuMI
A professional pinstriper quoted me $75. Looking back, I should've taken that. I spent about $25 on materials and at least 2 hours painting it. I'm sure he could've made it much better.

The smooth side might be a bit easier to paint thicker lines to need fewer layers, to make the whole process go faster.
Last edited by: dfroelich: Jul 7, 15 12:30
Quote Reply
Re: Another disc cover question. This time it is different! [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was hoping someone can show me how to do a captain America shield.
Quote Reply