Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Wheels discussion
Quote | Reply
I know this subject has been beaten to death multiple times but here we go again. I currently own a set of Flo 45 carbon clinchers. I really like them however I have not used them much. I borrowed a friend's deeper wheels for one of my races last year and enjoyed using them so much that I'm now thinking about selling my 45. So the question becomes do I sell the forty-fives and go 60 90 or do I keep my 45 and get a 90 or a disc for the rear. I do like the idea of a 60 in the front and I do intend to stay with Flo Wheels. So any feedback would be great
Quote Reply
Re: Another Wheels discussion [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just get a wheel cover for the back wheel and save some cash. Also you can remove it if the day is super windy. Then get a deeper front.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Another Wheels discussion [tkos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^THIS!

Get the wheel cover and a Flo 60. They have a new order starting soon. Or get the cover and a front and rear 60, then use the 45s for training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed on the cover. I went this way for my deep rear and it's turned out to be the right call. Cheaper, nearly as fast, more options, and easier to work with. I don't really see a downside.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Wheels discussion [abetances15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sell your 45's to me and get what you really want.
FLO will have stock at the end of this month, so now is your chance! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Another Wheels discussion [cbr shadow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any pictures that they can post of how their flo Wheels look with their wheel cover either in a 60 or 90 with a cover . I don't have any experience with these covers so I don't know how tightly they fit
Last edited by: Fishbum: Mar 24, 17 10:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I know this subject has been beaten to death multiple times but here we go again. I currently own a set of Flo 45 carbon clinchers. I really like them however I have not used them much. I borrowed a friend's deeper wheels for one of my races last year and enjoyed using them so much that I'm now thinking about selling my 45. So the question becomes do I sell the forty-fives and go 60 90 or do I keep my 45 and get a 90 or a disc for the rear. I do like the idea of a 60 in the front and I do intend to stay with Flo Wheels. So any feedback would be great

You enjoyed using the deeper wheels so much because the seconds gained helped you achieve your desired race outcome? Because you perceived the marginal increase in speed while riding? Because they looked cooler? The answers seem relevant to the prescription.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Wheels discussion [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would deserve a multi-faceted answer. I did have my best bike split however it's only my third season of Tri and I was in the best shape that I had been in for cycling to that point. But I guess in all honesty the Aesthetics of it played a big role in what I thought of the wheels as well as not feeling like it was as unstable as I thought it would be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

I was writing here as you called me on the phone. Glad I could help.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Last edited by: Canadian: Mar 24, 17 17:45
Quote Reply
Re: Another Wheels discussion [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had an opportunity to speak with Chris from Flo on the phone. Great customer service as always and one of reason I will continue to purchase wheels from them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Stuff...Nothing but great comments about "Flo".
That is a company "that got it right".
Quote Reply