Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Alcatraz Question
Quote | Reply
If you wear booties during your swim, is it still advisable to wear running shoes en route to T1? Or will the booties suffice?
Quote Reply
Re: Another Alcatraz Question [user123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did it not with "warmth" booties per se, but 2mm thick booties for surfing. They were perfect because they still had a little rubber sole

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wore a pair of B70 booties and they worked perfectly for the run to transition. It's really not all that long and it would definitely take some time to switch from booties to running shoes given you are cold, mentally fogged/somewhat off balance, and have cold hands. Definitely not worth the time for a 1/2 mile run on grass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it one year barefoot - no problems, one year in Vibrams - horrible idea for the swim, one year with neoprene swim socks - best option.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the race last year in March. I wore booties, and ran to T1 in them. After the race, I felt it was a mistake. They slowed me down on the swim, didn't really keep my feet warm, and slowed me down on the T1 run (people in shoes were passing me). If I ever do that race again, I'll swim barefoot and leave run shoes in pre-T1 - like all the pros do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I plan to wear them through to t1 this year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your feet will be the least of your problems on that swim. Forget about the booties.

Focus on keeping your head warm instead. If the core and head are warm, the feet are warm. Emilio's cap sandwich worked for me.

Shoes in T.05.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Another Alcatraz Question [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First time last year I didnt wear booties nor did I stop for my bag. I just ran barefoot and was fine. Granted my feet were frozen so that probable helped.

Quote | Reply
I swam and ran barefoot as well. Crocs with the strap would work well to run to T1.

Formely stef32
Quote Reply