Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by BMANX
Re: Anodizing or Re-Paint [bdc71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would go with paint,sometimes where there is a weld the color will be/look different,and you will not know untill it is done,plus your exposing your frame to some strong chemicals,it might be hard to get all of the chemicals flushed out of the inside of the tubing.Randall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Annodized aluminum develops weak points and potential failures by micro-cracks in the anodizing. This is why wheelmakers quit using the process for the most part. Too many rim failures. Stick with paint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My GT bladed road bike, Fury, is anodized. Loks very good, and distinctive. It is much more durable than paint. I would go for a darker color for the weld issues mentioned above. Save some weight, too! I will get my TT GT anodized if I ever feel it is looking ratty.

You may want to check and see if Cannondale is ever going to do anymore of the inexpensive frame upgrades. Might be able to get a new frame for not much more. And of course, the cheapest way to buy a new build kit is to just by a new bike. Might be cost effective to get a new bike, instead of groupo and painting your frame.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much does it cost to get a bike anodized? can you only get aluminum anodized? how about steel or Ti?
Quote Reply