Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

And I thought Cervelo's paint schemes couldn't get any worse...
Quote | Reply
Source: http://www.bikeradar.com/...s-at-eurobike-45146/

Yeah! We haven't used fluoro blue before! Let's just throw that on the frame! Hey, and black and white looks good, let's add some of that! Oh, don't forget some gray fade just to make it look super ugly!!

FFS is this the best they can come up with?

[URL=http://s1285.photobucket.com/...zpsinyhhq0w.jpg.html][/url]

[URL=http://s1285.photobucket.com/...zpsbltvspvj.jpg.html][/url]
Last edited by: nickag: Sep 3, 15 2:50
Quote Reply
Re: And I thought Cervelo's paint schemes couldn't get any worse... [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The great thing about owning a 2012 S5 is that the new ones are so fucking ugly that I have no desire to upgrade!

This is just Cervelo's way of increasing my savings balance

I learned a long time ago that the only pertinent information you offer is found within the last sentence.
Quote Reply
Re: And I thought Cervelo's paint schemes couldn't get any worse... [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yuk. Not a fan of mixing in the shiny and matt paints across the bike either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is that the 'female specific' version?
Quote Reply
Re: And I thought Cervelo's paint schemes couldn't get any worse... [mopshiv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mopshiv wrote:
The great thing about owning a 2012 S5 is that the new ones are so fucking ugly that I have no desire to upgrade!

This is just Cervelo's way of increasing my savings balance

The new S5 is WAY better looking than any of the old S5's (I had one of those).[/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad. I used to love their old paint jobs. New ones are hideous and one of reasons I haven't looked at them and went with a different brand instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not their best work but it's not that bad. From reading threads about Cervelo paint throughout the years I've come to realize that it doesn't matter what they do, someone will complain about it.

I liked the paint two years ago, everyone bitched and moaned. Last year they brought back more blacks and made everything more plain. Everyone bitched and moaned.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: And I thought Cervelo's paint schemes couldn't get any worse... [andrejs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frankly I am amazed everytime I read one of these comments. Maybe I have a different eye, but I don't give a **** about my bike color scheme. I find beauty and ugliness in other features, and would never discard a bike/brand based in judgement of a paint job.

It is OK if that works for you guys, but looks like they could sell you a nicely painted dog...

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: And I thought Cervelo's paint schemes couldn't get any worse... [FranR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FranR wrote:
Frankly I am amazed everytime I read one of these comments. Maybe I have a different eye, but I don't give a **** about my bike color scheme. I find beauty and ugliness in other features, and would never discard a bike/brand based in judgement of a paint job.

It is OK if that works for you guys, but looks like they could sell you a nicely painted dog...

I had a little too much to drink the other night, while doing arts and crafts. Woke up the next morning to find out that "someone" had painted a heart on top of the dog's head.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: And I thought Cervelo's paint schemes couldn't get any worse... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Not their best work but it's not that bad.

Agreed.

Now that seemingly every manufacturer has jumped on the "stealth" bandwagon, it's kind of refreshing to see bright colours on bikes again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like an older Trek Factory Team paint job with some 2012 era Madone colors :) You want ugly? This is ugly!

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: And I thought Cervelo's paint schemes couldn't get any worse... [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
Looks like an older Trek Factory Team paint job with some 2012 era Madone colors :) You want ugly? This is ugly!

I would ride that in a second. Just need to find an orange helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: And I thought Cervelo's paint schemes couldn't get any worse... [copperman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
copperman wrote:
rbuike wrote:

I would ride that in a second. Just need to find an orange helmet.

Quote Reply
Re: And I thought Cervelo's paint schemes couldn't get any worse... [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beat me to it. I was looking for that same pic.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: And I thought Cervelo's paint schemes couldn't get any worse... [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sign me up!
Quote Reply
Re: And I thought Cervelo's paint schemes couldn't get any worse... [FranR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I loved my P2C when I had it but I've grown to love my BMC much more. I'd never disregard a bike or brand on paint alone but it is an influencing factor. Same applies to when people purchase cars.
Quote Reply