Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by brymon68
Last edited by: brymon68: May 1, 16 9:03
Re: An open letter to Andrew Messick - CEO of WTC (Response to IMTX Bike Course) [brymon68] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Until a major competitor comes around then they will do diddly squat.
Last edited by: trimac2: Apr 30, 16 10:28
Quote Reply
Re: An open letter to Andrew Messick - CEO of WTC (Response to IMTX Bike Course) [brymon68] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude you need to lighten up......
Quote Reply
Re: An open letter to Andrew Messick - CEO of WTC (Response to IMTX Bike Course) [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimac2 wrote:
Until a major competitor comes around then they will do diddly squat.

Agree, and why should they do anything about it? They know people will continue to sign up regardless of what they do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>
Adam Trubow

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2x Ironman 7X half -Ironman -
2014 Newton Ironman Foundation Team Member <<

You are pretty much everything that is wrong with Ironman now. Congratulations.

clm
8x IM. Too many half-IMs to count

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: ironclm: Apr 30, 16 10:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you read the agreement when you signed up?

I'm guessing it says they can change the course/cancel the race etc.

Sort course, flat course, downstream swim - they are given the majority of their customers what they want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn.. someone call the whaaaaambulance

talk about first world problems...

i guess this is what happens when races stop being races and become life events. everyone is racing on the same course, its not like they cut the bike distance in half, or dumped it all together like what happens to the swim in oly's often when bad weather hits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Omg you can't go tell all your friends you're an ironman, must be really sad for you.

If you don't like it, find another race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An open letter is usually code for "here comes a whiny self indulgent bitchfest". You didn't disappoint.

While you are doing your shortened bike course in a few weeks think about soldiers getting limbs blown off, children with cancer, animal cruelty, etc, maybe you'll gain some perspective and 18 miles you're missing won't be so important (maybe not).

I don't know, when I hit 90 miles I'd welcome only a few more miles, call me nutty, but then again I don't give 2 farts about an IM tattoo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me guess your going to boycott Ironman now? You will soon realize that Ironman actually does a decent job. Also, none of solutions would please the majority.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This belongs here.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: An open letter to Andrew Messick - CEO of WTC (Response to IMTX Bike Course) [endurancealex1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lighten up. You still get to race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You wrote all that by yourself....good for you.
Your mummy will be so proud.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lighten up Francis.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A large number of the IM courses in the past have been short so you will not be alone in swimming/biking/running less than 140.6.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brymon68 wrote:
The sad reality, is WTC no longer cares about athletes and communities, but solely focuses on the bottom line and profit.

That's not how business works, when satisfying athletes and communities is the only way to constitute the bottom line. The situation sucks, but it seems to me as an impartial observer (not signed up) that they tried hard and have done a pretty good job at making things right. I think offering a transfer policy would be reasonable. In the end, they are betting that the compromise they have made is better than the alternatives, and that it will maximize their bottom line while simultaneously satisfying the greatest number of athletes. I think they are probably right. If you and others don't like it, the solution is not to write open letters, but to vote with your wallets and don't sign up for the next WTC race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, you're getting beat up here.

Maybe just blame it on the taper blues? :)

I'll be one person who pretty much agrees with you. I can understand a Force Majeure - weather event, whatnot - altering/shortening a race.

But... this has obviously been an ongoing problem. WTC is certainly a big enough company now that they should have gone into action much sooner on this one.

Open letters to CEOs? Meh. I say, why bother. But I don't think you're incorrect in a lot of what you say.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This being Houston, you'll probably be glad in the end the course is shortened. It can be either perfect or bloody miserable in mid-May. My bet is on the more probable bloody miserable. Be grateful you'll be out there in the heat and humidity one hour less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Well as Marcellus orates to Horatio in Hamlet, “Something is rotten in the state of Denmark” and it begins with you."

LOL I feel bad because you tried so hard to be a crowd pleaser. Fortunately, you can simply review the waiver you signed with any unanswered thoughts. We won't rat you out when you tell your friends you're a real Ironman!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh. Well, I hope that made you feel better. Although I have a feeling ST won't find much sympathy for you. Regardless, I wish you luck at the race should you choose to proceed.

Also, for what it is worth, your body and legs pretty much feel the same after 75-80 miles.
Quote Reply
Re: An open letter to Andrew Messick - CEO of WTC (Response to IMTX Bike Course) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
>>
Adam Trubow

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2x Ironman 7X half -Ironman -
2014 Newton Ironman Foundation Team Member <<

You are pretty much everything that is wrong with Ironman now. Congratulations.

clm
8x IM. Too many half-IMs to count

AGREE with you 100%
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't you just take it upon yourself to lengthen the course?
Or you could just do the new course and you will be a 1/2 hour faster than you told your buddies?

Kind of pink
Quote Reply
Re: An open letter to Andrew Messick - CEO of WTC (Response to IMTX Bike Course) [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just run harder...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one who is glad the bike got shortened?
Quote Reply
Re: An open letter to Andrew Messick - CEO of WTC (Response to IMTX Bike Course) [robot_ap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robot_ap wrote:
Am I the only one who is glad the bike got shortened?

Considering the alternative was two loops on a narrow bike path? Hell yea I am glad.

Also considering I am a stronger runner and this helps me out? Hell yea!
Quote Reply

Prev Next