Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [AlexG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been thinking a lot about Amy in the past few days and wishing her the best for a speedy recovery.

Are there details anywhere about how the accident happened?
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [jenschaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jenschaf wrote:

I read an account that the driver wasn't wearing his prescription glasses.... but don't quote me on that.
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [michgirlsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
michgirlsk wrote:
jenschaf wrote:

I read an account that the driver wasn't wearing his prescription glasses.... but don't quote me on that.

I read that as well, but whomever wrote that also wrote that they weren't sure if he was wearing contacts or not. My license says I need glasses, but I am always wearing my contacts, hence I'm technically not 'wearing my glasses.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please let me know when and where we can send a note.

Best wishes Amy!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is at Henry Ford Hospital in downtown Detroit.
2799 West Grand Boulevard Detroit, MI 48202

From what I heard, she can't have flowers in the room yet.

Last edited by: efernand: Sep 18, 12 13:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best wishes for full and speedy recovery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry to hear it.....more than ever....go girl go!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [alaina1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being an eye doctor, it would be very easy to see if and when the driver of the semi ever wore contact lenses. I'm sure the personal injury attorneys can do this, but the drivers last 2 or 3 eye exams need to be reviewed. I will guess that the driver never had contact lenses but again, this will be easy to discover.
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [Drericknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her sister posted on her Facebook last night. They are testing on a CPAP now and she is doing very well. Still early stages in the trauma so she is still being watched closely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get well soon, Amy! Very happy to hear things seem to be going in the right direction.

Riding the Awesome Train With: Dark Horse Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [guppie58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've ridden all over northern/western Oakland county and, for the most part, haven't had many problems with cars/drivers other than the occasional whistle or verbal taunting. Most of the roads have no useful shoulder and more than a few are in poor shape. Even on the best roads, you can't take for granted that a gravel hauler, lawn care truck/trailer, soccer mom in an Explorer, or a kid on a motorcycle is going to see you in time & take caution when passing.

This applies to the Metroparks too - this spring my wife was passed very closely by a car of yelling teenagers at Stoney creek . You never know.

To me, riding the public roads comes with a certain amount of risk, and I'm ok with that. There are many roads I avoid and certain times during the day where I don't like to ride, because to me it's too dangerous. I would much rather be out in the countryside somewhere, whether it's Metomora, Capac, Armada, Davisburg, Fenton, or Brighton, than riding endless loops around Stoney Creek.

Northern Oakland county is a great place to ride. Genesee county, though - not a chance.

Best wishes to Amy and her family.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is hard. In 2002 two weeks after doing Kona, I was hit and sustained two broken legs and neck. THey said I was not going to live. I have never been the same since. I can only hope that she is going to be able she to make it. my best wishes go out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GET BETTER, SOON.
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [M Ernst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These stories are popping up way to often. Best of luck to Amy.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Tri-Gail [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by BQforlife [ In reply to ]
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Please let me know when and where we can send a note.

Best wishes Amy!

Rule 7.3 Direct Contact with Potential Clients
(a) A lawyer shall not by in-person, live telephone or real-time electronic contact solicit professional employment from a potential client when a significant motive for the lawyer's doing so is the lawyer's pecuniary gain, unless the person contacted:

(1) is a lawyer; or

(2) has a family, close personal, or prior professional relationship with the lawyer.

(b) A lawyer shall not solicit professional employment from a potential client by written, recorded or electronic communication or by in-person, telephone or real-time electronic contact even when not otherwise prohibited by paragraph (a), if:

(1) the potential client has made known to the lawyer a desire not to be solicited by the lawyer; or

(2) the solicitation involves coercion, duress, harassment, compulsion, intimidation, or threats.

(c) Targeted Communications. Unless the recipient of the communication is a person specified in paragraphs (a)(1) or (a)(2), every written, recorded, or electronic communication from a lawyer soliciting professional employment from a potential client known to be in need of legal services in a particular matter shall include the statement, in capital letters, "THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR LEGAL SERVICES" (the advertising notice) subject to the following requirements:

(1) Written Communications. Written communications shall be mailed in an envelope. The advertising notice shall be printed on the front of the envelope, in a font that is as large as any other printing on the envelope. The front of the envelope shall contain no printing other than the name of the lawyer or law firm and return address, the name and address of the recipient, and the advertising notice. The advertising notice shall also be printed at the beginning of the body of the letter in a font as large as or larger than any other printing contained in the letter.

(2) Electronic Communications. The advertising notice shall appear in the "in reference" block of the address section of the communication. No other statement shall appear in this block. The advertising notice shall also appear, at the beginning and ending of the electronic communication, in a font as large as or larger than any other printing
in the body of the communication or in any masthead on the communication.

(3) Recorded Communications. The advertising notice shall be clearly articulated at the beginning and ending of the recorded communication.
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [BQforlife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[Apologies, I called BQforlife a foul term and, upon reflection, wasn't exactly appropriate in this thread] More importantly, good thoughts to Amy.
Last edited by: Goosedog: Sep 21, 12 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get well soon Amy.

We all miss getting our asses kicked biking and running out at Island Lake!!

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [trainoldschool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't posted in years but wanted to add my positive thoughts to Amy, her family, and her friends. I have lived through what she is going through right now. On May 30th 2009 I was hit by a van going 55 MPH almost exactly where Amy was hit. I went through the same treatments she has gone through so far. Induced coma, surgeries to repair broken bones, ear reatachment..... and on and on and on. I know what she is going through. I know what her family and friends are going through as well. This will not be easy but, I hope that she will come through it. It has been 3.5 years and I am finally through it. To any of her family and friends, it is possible to recover from this completely. It takes a lot of hard work and drive but from what I read, those are not things that are lacking in Amy. My deepest thoughts to all involved. Life is tough.... we are tougher.
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [tightline] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope Amy's family doesn't mind but for those of you that don't know her, here is a video put together of what an amazing athlete and great person she is. She has an amzaing circle of friends all behind her and supporting her until she is better.
She WILL pull though this.

Amy we are all waiting for you. Vigil tonight at 7pm at Henry Ford Hospital - fellow STrs please join in spirit if only for a few minutes for thoughts and prayers 7pm Michigan time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HueOe3dHQAA

Citius, Altius, Fortius
Last edited by: trigreek: Sep 21, 12 12:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is extremely disturbing for me to read this news. Not only just because it's just a really horrible thing to happen to someone, but I also suffered a very scary bike accident this past weekend. I have only some road rash and one break, so I cannot complain ONE BIT hearing this story about Amy. I hope she gets better very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and makes a full recovery!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know her current condition and room to send a letter to
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [trigreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Such a nice video and I do feel like I know her a little now. Will send positive thoughts toward her recovery.

---------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [ngrabow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone know how to send letter, room ? How she is
Quote Reply

Prev Next