Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
American Zofingen
Quote | Reply
3 weeks out, no smack talk? No predictions? Nothing at all on ST except "what gears should I use?"...c'mon!

I'll be there in the bitch division (short course). There will be a cooler filled with beer at my transition area, feel free to grab a brew if you beat me to it!

Quote | Reply
first time short course division... short course my ass, this is the longest event I'll be doing all year. my poor (semi-)fast twitch legs.........

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://cyclussports.com/ - #ZeroPositive #CyclusSports
http://app.strava.com/athletes/355549
https://twitter.com/ryanAjoyce
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [aidanlynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, there is nothing "short" about the short course...unless you are comparing it to the long course lol

Quote | Reply
I am coming to dominate the short course. Long course is too boring for me. See you in the (beer) pavilion.

I am ready for any and all carbonated hand ups.
Last edited by: tri_yoda: Apr 29, 12 20:14
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sucker - the RD and staff will drink all your beer before you reach T1.
We agree with the general consensus that the short course is, in fact, not short.
The unofficial name, Canadian Womens Division, has been adopted as the official name.
The smack talk competition is officially open - this year's smack talk winner will receive as their prize a free beer.
See everyone in 3 weeks.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
I am coming to dominate the short course. Long course is too boring for me. See you in the (beer) pavilion.

Really - I've been debating between the F-1 and Short course (signed up for F-1), but this could be the incentive to go fast rather than longish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First time long time.

Doing the F1, haven't done a triathlon in 3 years, a duathlon in 4, and can't run longer than 50 minutes. That said, I will stick the leaders for as long as I can because the best pace is suicide pace, and will beat most of you simply because I'm tougher.

Good luck to all!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:

I'll leave a few half-empty cans on the course that you can finish drinking while floundering in my wake.. thank me later

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://cyclussports.com/ - #ZeroPositive #CyclusSports
http://app.strava.com/athletes/355549
https://twitter.com/ryanAjoyce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bringing beer to AmZof is like bringing a date to the Playboy Mansion...chances are, whatever you bring won't be as good as what tetsuoni has in the gazeebo.

Eganski, the good news is that the run legs take less than 50 minutes so you should be all set.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year I switched from F1 to Iron TT which, thanks to the our gracious RD, still allowed me to experience the pavillion festivities. This year, I'm switching from F1 to SC so I can enjoy more time at the pavillion.

I could blame the switch on running injuries, but really I'm in much better drinking shape than racing shape!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In, again, F1

Have a 1st place and 2nd place mug... so going for 3rd place :-)

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which reminds me... Where's Murphy'sLaw? His sig says he's on leave until April 1st. Haven't seen him yet though. Did I miss something?

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Chipmunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw is busy dealing out donkey punches to wuss bag's like tri_yoda who has too much sand in his crack to do the F1 this year. Personally, I think yoda was worried about getting beefcaked by yours truly. Giant FAIL on yoda's part!!!!

beefcake! BEEFCAKE!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His wife usually allows him to start posting on April 1 but they can't find the jar she keeps his testicles and user login information in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am still planning on dragging my pathetic carcass around the the course in the F1 "race" this year. Not sure if I have the horsepower to finish, my only goal is to finish before the kegs are fried...

Speaking of beer, Tetsuoni what delicacy is going to be on tap this year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the GCG Race.

This is not a "to the death situation", but a "to the pain".

Mike and Barry, you guys might as well sign up for the cupcake race, GCG podium spots are all tied up!!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You ain't no beefcake...You're just pleasantly plump...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After 2 years and 2 large steins in the F1, I will be getting dizzy riding loops in the ITT. Was looking forward to long course, until my knee caught wind of my plans and stared b!tching and moaning.

Hope to see you all in the pavilion.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
because the best pace is suicide pace, and will beat most of you simply because I'm tougher.

"Suicide" being the important word, given that we're talking about American Zofingen.

Me, I'm back in the hunt for my 4th LC large mug. Is there nobody else here doing long course?

Victor

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Where's Murphy'sLaw? His sig says he's on leave until April 1st. Haven't seen him yet though. Did I miss something?"

I got him addicted to strava so he's been shooting for a KOM on every climb within 50 miles of his house, no time to post...but based on the workouts he's been doing, he'll be ready
to defend on the 20th...and he'll have to be ready since there's a long line of geezers looking to take down the King.

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
I'm in for the GCG Race.

This is not a "to the death situation", but a "to the pain".

Mike and Barry, you guys might as well sign up for the cupcake race, GCG podium spots are all tied up!!

Well, I already have a mug from the F-1 so I figured I should go get one from the short course. Good thing I still have 2 weeks to decide.

BTW - how was your duathlon yesterday. Bet I placed better than you did at the one I raced.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You ain't no beefcake...You're just pleasantly plump...

that just means there's more of me to love.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
Sucker - the RD and staff will drink all your beer before you reach T1.
We agree with the general consensus that the short course is, in fact, not short.
The unofficial name, Canadian Womens Division, has been adopted as the official name.
The smack talk competition is officially open - this year's smack talk winner will receive as their prize a free beer.
See everyone in 3 weeks.

After hearing this I am posting my wife to keep watch over my beer now! Wait a sec...new rule...no one touch my wife OR my beer while I am gone! Bastards!

Quote | Reply
My buddy Jay is doing the LC, his first time. He's 34 and tight...tight like a tiger! Though I don't know how many times he can run past flowing kegs before he gives in...

Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:
Though I don't know how many times he can run past flowing kegs before he gives in...

For me, the worst part was not running past the beer, but running on the trail, above the pavilion, and smelling burgers grilling. That is when I cried, knowing I was about two hours away from enjoying one.

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply

Prev Next