Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
American Zofingen 2015
Quote | Reply
I know premature, very premature. But I have a question for the crowd. IF I run a September marathon fast enough (BQ), and IF I get into Boston. Is is reasonable to race the AZ about a month after Boston? I have done the F1 the past three years, puked in the bushes the first and took home a stein last and this year. Still a little tender walking down stairs....Thanks to everyone who makes this race a must on the calendar.

Cheers!

"If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health"
- Hippocrates, 460-370 BC
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [Gagne603] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I "raced" (ok - participated) Boston this year. On < 200m of running.
(I don't reccomend this to anybody).
Then got my act (a little more) together and did some hilly riding and trail running to prep as best I could for AmZof.

I lived. You will too.
(Or not. But then you won't need to worry about it. <smirk>)

My buddy Dennis (d-Elvis) also did the Boston-AmZof combo, and PB'd the CWD by 9 minutes.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure why not, people have done much dumber stuff.

Train for Boston while maintaining some bike training. Once you get through Boston switch to a bike/hill focus while maintaining some decent run training focusing on trails/hills.

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
I "raced" (ok - participated) Boston this year. On < 200m of running.
(I don't reccomend this to anybody).
Then got my act (a little more) together and did some hilly riding and trail running to prep as best I could for AmZof.

I lived. You will too.
(Or not. But then you won't need to worry about it. <smirk>)

My buddy Dennis (d-Elvis) also did the Boston-AmZof combo, and PB'd the CWD by 9 minutes.

Anyone know if registration is going to happen for 2015?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My friend Chris Wilhelm did the AmZof Long course last year after running Boston. He also did (well started and dnf'd due to double flatting) St. Croix in between. The year prior he did Boston followed by the GCG F1.

Then of course there's Rich Burke...who ran Boston in the mid 2:30's and won the GCG F1 race two years in a row. So I guess that makes it "reasonable". ;)
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
My friend Chris Wilhelm did the AmZof Long course last year after running Boston. He also did (well started and dnf'd due to double flatting) St. Croix in between. The year prior he did Boston followed by the GCG F1.

Then of course there's Rich Burke...who ran Boston in the mid 2:30's and won the GCG F1 race two years in a row. So I guess that makes it "reasonable". ;)

Nah, the only year he went "mid-2:30's" at Boston was the inferno year.

He went ~2:32 the other times.
Seems "reasonable" to me.

PS - doesn't look like the website has been updated since a day or 2 before this year's race.
Guess that whole 'real job' thing has caught up w/ tetsuoni.

You can still pencil it in for the Sunday before Memorial Day (which is also typically the weekend after Mother's Day) of 2015.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah...but he only got 2nd at AmZof to some obscure multi-sport athlete in one of those 2:32 years. Back when the idea of going sub 5 for the GCG race was but a dream.

Obviously holding back at Boston in 2012 to the tune of 2:35 to then break 5 hours at AmZof a few weeks later was the right call. It's the only "reasonable" explanation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when does registration typically open? and close? im assuming it closes fast, because of all the talk ive seen on the forum.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
Yeah...but he only got 2nd at AmZof to some obscure multi-sport athlete in one of those 2:32 years. Back when the idea of going sub 5 for the GCG race was but a dream.

Obviously holding back at Boston in 2012 to the tune of 2:35 to then break 5 hours at AmZof a few weeks later was the right call. It's the only "reasonable" explanation.

Agreed - he obviously needed to sandbag pretty hard at Boston to be able to win AmZof.
Wasn't getting his name on a trophy at Beantown - he made the only "reasonable" decision one could make in that scenario.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 2015 AmZof is May 17.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, how's the weather going to be?

When for registration?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Great, how's the weather going to be?

Of all the jobs that Tetsuoni is presently holding, Weatherman of New Paltz is not on the list.

Yet.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My AARP memory says my credit card got whacked last August for the May gala..........past results do not guarantee future performance, blah, blah, blah........start hounding the Asst Director of Marketing (Cee Cee) to emerge from her Canadian tax cave and make the trip this year to the Mohonk troll trek. CWD just ain't right without THE Canadian participating.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trihumor wrote:
My AARP memory says my credit card got whacked last August for the May gala..........past results do not guarantee future performance, blah, blah, blah........start hounding the Asst Director of Marketing (Cee Cee) to emerge from her Canadian tax cave and make the trip this year to the Mohonk troll trek. CWD just ain't right without THE Canadian participating.

wtf, do you "watch" all threads that have American Zofingen in the title???? gawd....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CeeCee wrote:
Trihumor wrote:

wtf, do you "watch" all threads that have American Zofingen in the title???? gawd....

Doesn't everybody?!

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's right Cee Cee..........trolls troll and haters hate. I am a card carrying member of both tribes as well as a USAT certified hypocrit. Shocked, I know......
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trihumor wrote:
That's right Cee Cee..........trolls troll and haters hate. I am a card carrying member of both tribes as well as a USAT certified hypocrit. Shocked, I know......

what language are you speaking? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Registration will be open by Friday.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:

Let the suffering begin!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
tetsuoni wrote:

Let the suffering begin!

WOOT!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will not miss out this year!

Unfortunately, I had eye surgery (detached retina) last year when registration opened so I didn't see it {pun intended}
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By Friday or on Friday?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Registration for the 2015 American Zofingen is now open at Active.com

http://www.active.com/...n-zofingen-2015?int=

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Last edited by: tetsuoni: Jul 24, 14 14:49