Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
American Zofingen - Spring Race 2013 - Official Thread
Quote | Reply
To all the registered AmZof Lemmings.......Just in case you've fallen off your New Years Resolution diet..... the hills haven't gotten any smaller.... Put down the beer. You're welcome.

Last edited by: CeeCee: May 24, 13 19:10
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you for the reminder (putting down ice cream sandwich).
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i always measure myself against the RD so Im feeling skinny even though Im fat.

2013 Battenkill - Rock the Ridge 50 - AmZof Chris Gleason Memorial - Rev3 Half - IM Tremblant - SOS - Stone Mill 50
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [campmurphy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Four times for the ITT....just got home after a few beers I wish I hadn't had...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you go down that road or up it?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wondering if the road bike might be better suited to AmZof...looking forward to my baptism..

cheers
S.

// qui audet adipiscitur
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [spomeroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stew, don't get started on that question. It has been proven that Tri bike is the only way. So says king murphyslaw.

To the other question, we go up it. That is about the mid point of the climb. On your third loop, you start praying for your bike to malfunction so you have an excuse to get off the bike and walk.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got it..then ignore my FB question..

thanks!
S

// qui audet adipiscitur
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:

Yes, up this one, and just to the right of the photo is a really steep section :(

But what goes up must come down, so there are some real screaming downhills too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CeeCee wrote:
tigerchik wrote:

Yes, up this one, and just to the right of the photo is a really steep section :(

But what goes up must come down, so there are some real screaming downhills too.

Why provide the false sense of "its not so bad"? - the 1'st hill is much worse.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Sweeney [ In reply to ]
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Up it. This photo is from the 2nd loop in 2011. The first time around it was raining. . . and foggy. . . .and coldish. I'm hoping for some better views this year.

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
CeeCee wrote:
tigerchik wrote:

The bike course is challenging but I'd much rather do the bike course than the run course. Everyone focuses on the bike but the run course is what kicks my ass. Up steep ascent with rocks/roots, down steep ascent, up down...etc. If those aren't quad killers, I don't know what are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is at about mile 14 of this track:

http://app.strava.com/activities/9208219

You want to use a tri bike. It's not even a close call between tri/road.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:

because I don't think I have a picture of the first hill.... and maybe that's a good thing ;)

I'll check the photo stash, but even if I do have one, it won't really portray the f'ugliness of it. Three stages of "WTF have I gotten myself into????"

In the immortal words of Dave Roche, "Cathy, If I had told you what it was really like, you wouldn't have signed up".... true dat!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [bltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beautiful picture.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YES! So excited! My masochist alter-ego is going to head down there early and get a pre-race ride in once the weather gets nicer.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [MSUtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smart move that...I'll have to see about the same..

cheers
S.

// qui audet adipiscitur
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [spomeroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure which race you're doing, but I would definitely recommend doing more than 1 loop if you're going to practice. It's a hilly ride for 1 loop, but it becomes a painfully difficult on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th (ITT) loops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't do it. 1/2 the fun of your 1'st try is not knowing what is coming. And unless you do the run 1'st, it will lull you into a false sense of security.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad you only mention diet, cuz an upper respiratory infection and lingering calf injury have sidelined me so far this year. Nary a workout. It's getting late, early :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this looks eerily similar to IM Nice Bike course... looking forward :(
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [campmurphy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good one.
Regrettably, we've lost your registration.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen is May19th... Still time to lose weight [Lanterne_Rouge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THIS

I only did Canadian's Womens division a couple yrs. ago and it was the pain from all the downhill running that beat me into submission moreso than the bike course.
Quote Reply

Prev Next