Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
American Triple T roll call and condition report
Quote | Reply
It's getting close. Just curious to see who on here will be coming down for the weekend. Also wanted to give a short report on conditions out at Shawnee because there are a couple things to note.
The biggest is that there are a couple pretty decent spots on Little Bear Big Spruce Road (just past the horse ranch, Sat AM course) where the road washed out and they replaced it with gravel only!! We've ridden it twice and it comes up without a lot of warning. And it's pretty rough. Other roads in the area are in typical condition.
Lamp Black Rd/trail is in rough shape as well. At one point late in the fall mackletree rd was closed and many people used lamp black as a thoroughfare. The gravel is bad right now, and they've brought in bank run in some spots that has added a lot of loose rocks to the mix. I've ran it 2 times in minimalist shoes and both times my feet were sore afterwards.
The lake water was 65 degrees.

See you in 2 weeks..
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [atomic_shaggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be there and will be looking forward to it! Flying in from LA with a group of about 12 of us. This will be my second TTT, first was in 2014 when it was seriously cold. I think my fitness will be somewhat comparable, maybe slightly better than then. I'm excited to say the least! Had so much fun last time.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [atomic_shaggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be there with my wife and 20 or so teammates. Thanks for the update on the roads...not encouraging. Water temp is warmer than I'd expected so that's a plus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there for the 10th time

Driving down there tomorrow to pre-ride all of the courses

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there with 5 friends. It will be my first American Triple T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there with IronSpartan and team. My 10th time there as well after a two year break. I see they changed up the bike courses for Saturday and Sunday since the last time I was there

Can't wait!!

Scott Baldwin
Munice70.3, and IMLP
http://www.teamfexy.com
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [imfexy2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be out riding tomorrow if anyone is around. We usually start at 7 AM at the transition area. I'll try to get another water temp update but we have had a cool, rainy week here. Looking forward to the event big time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's your recovery strategy for Saturday in between races?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not much time to recover so after the race I eat, pack up my stuff, ride my bike to the Lodge, hang stuff out to dry, eat some more, lie down on the bed for maybe an hour, then head back to transition as close to the race start as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
get back to room. eat, drink and sleep ASAP

Scott Baldwin
Munice70.3, and IMLP
http://www.teamfexy.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mrs. One Step Beyond and I will be there for our first crack at it. Looking forward to the weekend!
--

Marty Gaal, CSCS
One Step Beyond Coaching
Triangle Open Water Swim Series | Old School Aquathon Series
Powerstroke® Freestyle Technique DVD
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I'll be there for the 10th time

Driving down there tomorrow to pre-ride all of the courses

jaretj

I thought the Lampback trail was in good condition but I did not run is past the top of the hill
I ran it in my trail flats and a pair of Saucony Fastwitch and felt fine.

The road past the horse ranch was pretty bad, probably don't want to go through there, I hope it gets improved or changed.

The water was in the low 60's when I swam in it on Saturday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got injured and cannot do the race.

Anyone want to stay at the main lodge in a room with 2 double beds? I've got the accommodation and would love to unload it.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [fishgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj - I agree lamp black was in much better condition. That was vastly better than it was 2 weeks ago. How was that lake swim? You guys are hardcore - did we talk while you guys were on the beach?
fishgo - bummer you can't make it. Hope you can sell the room! There's always next year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lake was chilly near the race course but slightly warmer at the other end near the dam. The bottom was mucky like normal.

I didn't talk to anyone at the lake but perhaps some of the people in my group did.

I talked to two gentlemen in their truck at the cabins, they were getting ready to ride the bike courses.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any sign of the rangers while you were swimming?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There were many people at the lake, some swimmers, some fishers and some just watching.

I saw Rangers here and there but I really didn't notice them at the lake cuz I wasn't paying attention.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the umpteenth time.

My wife and I are both racing and we are bringing our 7mo old twins to spectate.

My fitness is nowhere near what it should be, so it'll be an interesting weekend.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there for my second go at TTT. Last time I was in decent shape and had a great time. This time....yikes. It is gonna be a long weekend, but I still plan on having fun with a bunch you and my Tri Loco teammates from Indianapolis. The courses are flat, right? ;-)

Real People. Real Coaching. Real Results. http://www.ts2coaching.com
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [IndyRider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IndyRider wrote:
The courses are flat, right? ;-)

Mostly downhill. Wish I was going back this year, already planning on next year.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there for the second year in a row. This year all by myself as 6 of us did it last year and it was awesome. Driving down from Ontario. Staying in a tent at the campgrounds to make the weekend that much more miserable. Can't wait!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there pockets in the jersey we have to wear? I typically carry my nutrition and flat repair kit there. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [IndyRider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They all have a net elevation of zero . . .
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [gyeah992] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gyeah992 wrote:
Are there pockets in the jersey we have to wear? I typically carry my nutrition and flat repair kit there. Thanks!

Pulled mine out from last year. Small pocket at the bottom of each side panel, not rear pockets. Probably not big enough to do what you want.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for checking. Will have to figure something out. Now please eliminate for forecasted rain.
Quote Reply

Prev Next