Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

American Classic Wheels
Quote | Reply
So... thoughts on the American Classic Carbon 40's and other wheels they make. I've seen some American Classic wheels at cross races, but very few at triathlons, TT's, and crits. Whats the deal? Is it marketing, is it quality?
Quote Reply
Re: American Classic Wheels [Fr.Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have not seen any published aero data on American Classic wheels. I think most people tend to go with wheels that have been wind tunnel tested and proven.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the past, American Classic had a wheel called the American Classic 58. These were wheels built with zipp 404 hubs using AC hubs. it was a budget aero wheel for those in the know.

However, AC has never been known for aero design. they make some nice aluminium rims but their Carbon rim designs are outdated and are in line for an update.
Quote Reply
Re: American Classic Wheels [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the reply, prices seem pretty competitive with some of the more "budget friendly" aero wheels, but like I said you don't see them at races very often. On top of this, I have searched and not found much data. Your answer explains some of this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a set of American Classic carbon wheels several years ago. They were V-shape instead of toroidal or U-shape (firecrest).
Quote Reply