Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alphamantis / wind tunnel around NYC
Quote | Reply
Have just moved to the greater NYC area (after 20 yrs in Europe) and am keen to try to optimize my position.

Are there any wind tunnels or Alphamantis or something of that ilk near these neck of the woods?

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Alphamantis / wind tunnel around NYC [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the hood. I've been doing lots of aerotesting from NYC for the last couple years.

So, as far as alphamantis... there's nothing super close. The first time I did that I booked a weekend and flew to LA to work with Jim @ERO and DesertDude.

The other time my girlfriend and I tested we took a short flight (2hr direct) from NYC to charlotte and tested @ A2 with desertdude and ex-cyclist (brian and health).

Both were fantastic experiences.

As far as field testing... I have yet to find a proper "loop" to test on, however, there is the kissena park velodrome. I am semi frequently out there. NYC public parks have a paved velodrome in Queens. You take the 7 train (subway) from grand central to the end (45 min?) and do 10 minutes of riding and you are there). Its not perfectly smooth, but you can certainly see differences in clothing and position pretty easily using it + aerolab in golden cheetah.
Quote Reply