Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend
Quote | Reply
In Budapest.
Just another (over the top) doped bikerider doing a tri - might destroy the bike course even if he is old.
Quick question - if i pass him (on the run) is it okay to yell 'dopers suck'?

And yes - i do believe that punishment for 'systematic doping' should be a lifetime ban!
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [Pjorsen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shouldnt be allowed in tri, pro or age grouper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have a shirt you can borrow if you make the podium ;-)
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Sam - thats a deal...
Question is if he will ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [frenchieTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shouldnt be allowed in ANY sport

'to give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift'...Pre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suggest getting a life and moving on (you, not AV).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pjorsen wrote:
@Sam - thats a deal...

Should be OK....I thought he was sitting in a team car for 3 weeks. Or maybe Yates was sitting in the team car and he was back home putting in a 3 week training block. Now I am curious to see how good or bad he is at swim-run side of things. He is only 43 so he should be able to go pretty fast. He should beat all the pro bike splits.

Sam, I think you need to enter Budapest 70.3 this weekend just to get on the podium with the shirt since you guys are in the same age group.
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the official guide:
– Do you have an expected result? Do you plan to break the bike course record (2:04:20)?
AV: As for the beating a record of a cycling distance, of course, it will depend on the distance itself. 2:04 is approximately 46 km/h, isn’t it? This is a good result! – I think, if my time runs a little over five hours, it will be normal.

By that math it leaves him with 3 hrs to do the swim and run...
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Pjorsen wrote:
@Sam - thats a deal...

Should be OK....I thought he was sitting in a team car for 3 weeks. Or maybe Yates was sitting in the team car and he was back home putting in a 3 week training block. Now I am curious to see how good or bad he is at swim-run side of things. He is only 43 so he should be able to go pretty fast. He should beat all the pro bike splits.

Sam, I think you need to enter Budapest 70.3 this weekend just to get on the podium with the shirt since you guys are in the same age group.

Nitpick - Yates works for Tinkoff. Wink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pjorsen wrote:
From the official guide:
– Do you have an expected result? Do you plan to break the bike course record (2:04:20)?
AV: As for the beating a record of a cycling distance, of course, it will depend on the distance itself. 2:04 is approximately 46 km/h, isn’t it? This is a good result! – I think, if my time runs a little over five hours, it will be normal.

By that math it leaves him with 3 hrs to do the swim and run...

He's probably planning really really long transitions or his bike is going to suck after flailing through the swim
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Pjorsen wrote:
@Sam - thats a deal...

Nitpick - Yates works for Tinkoff. Wink

"Forget it, he's rolling."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not care what all you people say, I am pumped for this. I want to see what kit he will wear. Will he start a trend of tri kit having your own face on it?
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol.
That'd be good.
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
I do not care what all you people say, I am pumped for this. I want to see what kit he will wear. Will he start a trend of tri kit having your own face on it?

No Vino already contacted Sam Gyde and took out a license on the "Doper Suck" clothing line, but he contracted his printing shop in Almaty and will be seen with the following version

"Dopers Who Get Caught Suck".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
chaparral wrote:

No Vino already contacted Sam Gyde and took out a license on the "Doper Suck" clothing line, but he contracted his printing shop in Almaty and will be seen with the following version

Vino did get busted (in '07).

The guy is an unrepentant doper and deserves a lifetime ban IMO.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some people just can't move passed it......they want to believe their pure and everything is pure and equal.

I think its great, hope he go's well.
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
chaparral wrote:

What exactly do you want him to repent for? He competed in a sport where you either doped, or you didn't have a job. As always, it wasn't a sin to dope, it is a sin to get caught. No one seems to have a problem with Laurent Jalabert doing tries.....you think he didn't dope!?

I hope you feel the same way about every NFL player, most baseball and hockey players, most soccer players, etc.

Like a few others, I am interested to see how he does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pjorsen wrote:
In Budapest.
Just another (over the top) doped bikerider doing a tri - might destroy the bike course even if he is old.

And yes - i do believe that punishment for 'systematic doping' should be a lifetime ban!

No, according to 2016 Ironman Competition Rules Article II CONDUCT OF ATHLETES, Section 2.01 GENERAL BEHAVIOR, it is not OK.
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder if he'll wear a gold helmet. . . he is the reigning Olympic road race champion after all. Though isn't not a RR, so maybe not. . . but I did miss the gold helmet these past four years. He served his time. . . not sure what else you want the guy to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
chaparral wrote:

What exactly do you want him to repent for? He competed in a sport where you either doped, or you didn't have a job. As always, it wasn't a sin to dope, it is a sin to get caught. No one seems to have a problem with Laurent Jalabert doing tries.....you think he didn't dope!?

I hope you feel the same way about every NFL player, most baseball and hockey players, most soccer players, etc.

Like a few others, I am interested to see how he does.

...and of course in where the "dopers who get caught suck" he would be making fun at himself.

Seriously though, I actually have much more of a beef with age groupers who dope in tri than pro cyclists who dope/d in the 90's and first part of the 2000's. The latter group well, love them or hate them, they decided that to keep a pro contract that was what was needed (and yes, I get that they stole employment from clean riders....that's water under the bridge at this point). Age grouper dopers, they are just stealing ego podium slots. No employment and protour life dreams at stake.

I am indifferent about Vino racing age group. He'd just be piled in with a bunch of other age grouper dopers who are stealing our kona slots, podium slots, world slots etc etc. I would have a beef with him racing pro in triathlon though, but since he has served his ban, he'd be entitled to, and we could do nothing about it even though we don't like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have heard he is no fun and doesn't react well to comments about this.

Make sure you got the # of the Consulate and maybe that of a local lawyer before doing this.

Otherwise you may experience that the freedom as you know it is not everywhere.

Pjorsen wrote:
In Budapest.

Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the event were held in Kazachstan I would share your trepidation but its in Hungary and I doubt Vino has any pull that necessitates such precautions ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:
Some people just can't move passed it......they want to believe their pure and everything is pure and equal.

I think its great, hope he go's well.

Goes. Not go's. As in, I hope he goes away.

The doping these guys did way back when still benefits them athletically- and financially.

So, while we're all God's children (even this peckerhead) business is business.

It's not a moral imperative or personal righteousness to simply say, sorry, you can't play anymore. Let him go do an unsanctioned fun ride for charity- maybe start a fund for the clean pros who couldn't hang on or make any dough as a pro while he and other dopers crushed it at the front.

Maybe he and Deluca can open a restaurant together. Order the HGH salad.

It will help cycling and tri to gain/keep credibility and allow others who didn't and don't cheat to move up. It's a practical measure. Not personal. Well, maybe a little.....
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you think cycling and or triathlon is cleaner today???

I don't it's just different timing and drugs......just look at the tour, was it slower then when Vino raced? Today's athletes are just as doped.
Quote Reply
Re: Alexander Vinokourov doing 70.3 this weekend [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:
So you think cycling and or triathlon is cleaner today???

I don't it's just different timing and drugs......just look at the tour, was it slower then when Vino raced? Today's athletes are just as doped.

For sure. Vino was doped to the gills at the 2012 Olympic road race no doubt. There is really no reason that clean athletes racing age group should welcome him to triathlon. Triathlon doesn't need to be the dumping ground of disgraced pro cyclists. The current rules say he can race, but that doesn't mean we have to like it or even wish him well.

Quote Reply

Prev Next