Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

After recovery week...
Quote | Reply
Hi

just wondered if anyone else experiences feeling terrible after recovery week. i have noticed over the years of training that a few sessions after recovery week i fail workouts or really struggle sometimes with numbers on the bike or even run pace.
i have always found it strange as thought i would be coming of recovery week and would feeling great.......
Quote Reply
Re: After recovery week... [jon.eames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is your recovery week like? Your probably not recovering enough. A week of recovery should be plenty. Back off volume a lot and insert more short workouts with lots of intensity, eat very healthy, and sleep lots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I follow Joe Friel's Recovery Week Design and have had good luck with it: http://www.joefrielsblog.com/...ery-week-design.html

Monday- Day off
Tuesday- Short, low-intensity workout/s
Wednesday- Same as Tuesday.
Thursday- Speed skills training
Friday- Field or lab test to measure progress since last test

You might also want to read this "How to Recover" link: http://www.joefrielsblog.com/...cover-follow-up.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's common to feel a little sluggish after a race recovery. When resuming training, try easing into it as if reversing your pre-race taper towards your standard workout schedule and load.
Quote Reply
Re: After recovery week... [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, quick recovery seems to be the first thing that goes when you age. I'm 54. The amount of recovery I used to do in hours, seems to now take me days. It aggravates me no end.

So what worked for you a couple years ago, may no longer be sufficient recovery time. The hard or long workouts that you used to do, might now create so many lost days due to the need to recover, that you'll be forced to consider that maybe those workouts are too hard/long.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply