Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aerus Biospeed Bicycle Travel Case [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
less than 62 total linear inches
I don't even know why the Airlines even bother with this

$, pure and simple. The combined measurements airlines use are designed to ensure that things that bulk out their belly cargo compartments will pay for the privilege of being there and although there are far more big golf bags than bike cases, there are more golfers who will revolt. Just a revenue stream to them.

Ship FedEx or UPS (never used UPS), but they're just as capable of smashing derailleurs as American, Southwest, United, USAir etc.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Re: Aerus Biospeed Bicycle Travel Case [KonaCoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know I'm going to get smacked down for this... but I'm leaving for a long set of trips and these are sold out everywhere. Anyone getting rid of theirs?
Quote Reply
Re: Aerus Biospeed Bicycle Travel Case [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I travel to Australia 3-6x per year, and because of the length of each trip (7-21 days) I decided, after way too many $200+ charges (when I was flying 1st Class this was never an issue---times have changed), to invest in a S&S coupler bike. Problem solved. It literally paid for itself inside of 1 year, its a piece of cake to build/disassemble (avg about 40 min, have "packed" it in 10 min once in Brisbane when I got lost & barely made my flight), and best of all, I'm also saving quite a bit of $$ on flights b/c I am now very amenable to 6-8 hour layovers/transfers, as most international airports have lockers just outside the terminal & getting a 2-4 hour ride in the middle of a long flite, plus seeing a new city/country from the bike, is a fantastic experience.

I was lucky & found a custom Holland in my size on ebay for about 1/3 of what a new one would have cost, but for about $1800 you can send any steel or ti frame to Bilenky Cycles & receive back your "new" travel bike including case, in about 4-6 weeks.

No, you can't retro carbon (but Calfee & some others will build you a carbon S&S (but I wouldn't recommend)) so no P3-P4 conversions, and if you are really, really into aero you might by SOL, but for those who ride/race/travel/vacation alot, its a great way to do it.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: Aerus Biospeed Bicycle Travel Case [kukusz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try Pika Packworks: http://pikapackworks.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next