Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aerodynamic cost of eyebrows.
Quote | Reply
Some of us rather older gentlemen grow very bushy eyebrows. Due to the riding position of the head my bushey eyebrows are directly full frontal into the wind.

I don't use a visor as I need the full cooling affect of the airflow on as much skin as possible to keep my big fat body with short fat arms and legs, cool. I look like Fred Flitstone, so I'm not very aero in the first place, I need to save every little bit of drag.

How many watts might shaving my eyebrows off save me?
Quote Reply
Re: Aerodynamic cost of eyebrows. [Trev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you aren't shaving your eyebrows, you aren't even trying.

Now the real question is should we chevron them or not.

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Won't make a difference unless you also dimple your forehead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ask a topiarist to trim eyebrows and hair into a NACA airfoil shape, wax them, and you have a legal fairing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerodynamic cost of the snot running out of my nose ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trev wrote:
How many watts might shaving my eyebrows off save me?

Let's say someone actually provided you the precise answer to that question. Then what? You still have the choice of taking "advantage" of that information or not. And even if it was a significant amount. Would you actually shave your very eyebrows instead of working on pedaling balance/technique and form durability? Maybe you should shave just the left eyebrow to compensate for your left leg being weaker and get a smoother push moving forward ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard that removing just one testicle will save you enough weight to win seven Tours.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerodynamic cost of eyebrows. [Cervelokid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried that last year. Sadly I am no faster. I'm more comfortable on the nose of my saddle in aero though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about eyebrows but my wang tends to cause a lot of drag. Can't tuck that because the. I would be sitting on it.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Aerodynamic cost of eyebrows. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I don't know about eyebrows but my wang tends to cause a lot of drag. Can't tuck that because the. I would be sitting on it.

You should at least get it circumcised so it doesn't catch the wind and flap.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerodynamic cost of eyebrows. [Goobdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goobdog wrote:
TheForge wrote:

You should at least get it circumcised so it doesn't catch the wind and flap.

Unless he would take the headwind penalty for the tailwind advantage.

After millions of years of selective breeding, here we are!
Quote Reply