Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero cockpit opinions?
Quote | Reply
So I am trying to think of ideas of how to update my cockpit a little more, I think it is pretty decent so far but feedback is always welcomed.

My goal is to try to add a place to store my CO2 adapter, tire levelers, spare tube and small patch kit.

Here is my cockpit as it is now:

You can just barely notice my CO2 cartridges sticking out in front or the elbow pads, I am thinking about a way to build a compartment to sit between the aero bars, above the base bar extension and below the extension of the FC25, thinking this would keep it the most hidden. Or does anyone know of one that would fit there?

A better shot of the space I am talking about for the compartment, and yes it appears wet in spots because I had just wiped it down with a cleaning wipe

From the front, the CO2 cartdidges pretty well hidden I think

Better view of the hidden CO2 cartridge.

Again, feedback is welcome and looking for ideas to fill that space under the back extension of the FC25
Quote Reply
Re: Aero cockpit opinions? [2011ironorbea] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any opinions or feedback?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a Torhans VA bottle and mount it where your red one sits. Between the two in the back and your BTA you already could do a full IM without an aid station.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero cockpit opinions? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The two in back go away when racing and the one on the down tube is just a backup for the bta
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't like the rigid straw. Cylinders are pretty bad aerodynamically, and for me it tends to get in the way when I'm on the extensions, and feel like it threatens to stab my neck. I replaced the stiff one that came on a an xlabs bta bottle with a camelbak replacement straw & bite valve and keep it tucked away till I need it.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero cockpit opinions? [codygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
codygo wrote:
I don't like the rigid straw. Cylinders are pretty bad aerodynamically, and for me it tends to get in the way when I'm on the extensions, and feel like it threatens to stab my neck. I replaced the stiff one that came on a an xlabs bta bottle with a camelbak replacement straw & bite valve and keep it tucked away till I need it.
With where those cylinders are I figured it would be too bad, I have a new thread with a clay model of what I was thinking of
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To clarify, the cylinder I'm referring to is the straw. The co2 cylinders are likely in dirtier flow as it is, and not as much frontal area. Not a substitute for testing, but my guess is the straw is more detrimental.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero cockpit opinions? [codygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
codygo wrote:
To clarify, the cylinder I'm referring to is the straw. The co2 cylinders are likely in dirtier flow as it is, and not as much frontal area. Not a substitute for testing, but my guess is the straw is more detrimental.
I put it down when not in use
Quote Reply