Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero Helmet thoughts.
Quote | Reply
First off, I have absolutely no access to a wind tunnel.

I own a giro advantage, However I find the tail sticks up above my back as I ride so I wonder is it is that aero. I was thinking of replacing it with a specialized s-works evade tri until I can get a S-works TT. I can use the evade tri for training as well as racing and then I would use it for only training when I get a TT.

Is this a good idea, or will I likely be losing time not riding the advantage?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmet thoughts. [Triagain2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am interested to hear from those in the know. I have heard that if the aero helmet (tail) does not contour correctly, or you look down a lot during riding that a helmet like the Giro Air Attack is a better choice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're set on the S Works TT, then why not just save the cash that you would spend on the Evade and get the TT sooner?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The advantage is probably faster than the evade, even with the tail in the air.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmet thoughts. [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is not available right now, as far as my LBS told me, it is on back order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's fair,

But essentially what I'm saying is, why waste some of your "S works TT" money on an Evade?
Just save the money until you can get the one you actually want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why do you think the sworks tt will not stick up in the air? it rotates less back than the advantage can. the advantage can be rotated waaaaaay back
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmet thoughts. [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no good reason. And judging from the comments I will keep the advantage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Errr... why don't you rotate it so that it sits flush? Pretty much the obvious move...
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Helmet thoughts. [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL.

Okay time to come clean. I feel like a goof in the advantage. It looks sooo dorky. And the evade looks awesome. If there is minimal aero hit I would rather wear it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triagain2 wrote:
LOL.

Okay time to come clean. I feel like a goof in the advantage. It looks sooo dorky. And the evade looks awesome. If there is minimal aero hit I would rather wear it.

We are adults who ride and run around in spandex. The vast majority of the population doesn't need to see an aero helmet to think we look dorky.

For what it's worth, I train in an Evade and just picked up an Advantage 2 for this race season. I wore a Lazer Tardiz for the past 4 years, but feel the Giro is probably a little more slippery for the air. I could care less what I look like if it gets me a few seconds on race day. Heck, I'm planning to shave my arms for my A race this year - based on results from the Specialized Win Tunnel.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triagain2 wrote:
It is not available right now, as far as my LBS told me, it is on back order.

It'll be avail in June last I heard..

Well I have the evade, the Sworks TT and the Rudy Wingspan... the sworks TT is just sick!

The evade is a a good road helmet.
Quote Reply