Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero Bar Recommendation
Quote | Reply
Looking to make an upgrade to my 2013 Felt S32 aero bars.

1) Aero
2) Comfort
3) Cable Management

The stock bars are not aero at all (round aluminum base bar) with terrible cable management. Not looking to go all carbon, would like to spend around $100.

What do you recommend?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Bar Recommendation [RDL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RDL wrote:
Looking to make an upgrade to my 2013 Felt S32 aero bars.

1) Aero
2) Comfort
3) Cable Management

The stock bars are not aero at all (round aluminum base bar) with terrible cable management. Not looking to go all carbon, would like to spend around $100.

What do you recommend?

Vision clip on and Vision Base bar, that is what I put on my S32 when I had it. It's going to be more than $100 for both of them.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At that price, older aluminum Vision base-bar (may need a 26.0 stem) and Vision clip-ons. Biggest bang for the buck, I think.
Last edited by: Rambler: Jul 25, 14 10:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went with aluminum Vision base bars as mentioned above.

If you're patient, go set up some saved searches in eBay for: Vision base bars, Vision aerobars, Profile Design basebars, Profile Design aerobars, etc. Also check ST classifieds every day. Eventually auctions come up for less than $100.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Bar Recommendation [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are welcome.

ETA:

Boom. #youcanowemepartdeux

The finish won't match, as the base bar is glossy and the aerobars are matte, but for this much money you can't be picky. May be worth spending another $10-15 to get 42cm instead of 40cm though...

I tweet!

Last edited by: ZackCapets: Jul 25, 14 13:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Felt-Bayonet-Road-Bike-Aerobars-42cm-26-0mm-Clamp-Aluminum-TT-Triathlon-/400746409264?pt=US_Handlebars&hash=item5d4e58ed30

These even come with the zipp pad extenders. Not a more affordable/adjustable bar out there. Internal cable.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Bar Recommendation [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZackCapets wrote:
You are welcome.

ETA:

Boom. #youcanowemepartdeux

The finish won't match, as the base bar is glossy and the aerobars are matte, but for this much money you can't be picky. May be worth spending another $10-15 to get 42cm instead of 40cm though...

Nice. Thanks!

The 42cm is sold out. looks like i'll order the 40cm, which is my current size.

on the bars, I currently have flat bars and find those comfortable. Not sure I'd enjoy the J bend bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i ordered the 40cm alloy bars like you, RDL. i just got a call from bikeonline that the bars i ordered are NOT the vision alloys that are shown in the picture. he said that they are actually rounded carbon bars. i'll be cancelling my order. did this happen to you?

bummer is that i picked up a set of vision brake levers from the classifieds anticipating the bar. anyone have an aluminum vision base bar they wanna sell me?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Bar Recommendation [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a very hard time tracking down the old aluminum vision basebar as opposed to the newer redesign. Many sites have a picture of the old bars but if you check #'s are selling the redesign. I eventually found them on amazon I think, so they are available. (I've got a pair of used vision brake levers, btw)
Quote Reply