Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advice sought - Roka Monaco sunglasses
Quote | Reply
My wife is about to run her first marathon, and I was thinking of getting her some sunglasses as a congrats/I'm proud of you gift. I think she'd really like the Roka Monacos, but I'm a bit hesitant to pull the trigger, mostly because I can't go to a dealer and see them or handle them. The other major point of hesitation is that she has a propensity to lose or break sunglasses.

How have folks, particularly the ladies, liked their Rokas? Did you find them to be a good value? If I go for this, I'm also on the fence about polarized or not. We're in Texas, and I love my polarized glasses. But, I don't know that it's worth the extra $40.

Any thoughts/reviews are appreciated.

Attacking this day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice sought - Roka Monaco sunglasses [LundyLund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have Roke shades -- just chiming in to say that's a super thoughtful thing to do for your wife. For what it's worth, I personally wouldn't consider sunglasses that aren't polarized since I use the same ones for everything (sailing, cycling, running, etc). I typically also don't spend that much on sunglasses, because they're getting left in the t-zone at tri races... they could get stepped on, rolled over, whatever.

If she'll be wearing them for casual/fashion rather than sport, I'd say you can get away without polarized. If she's prone to breaking them, get a good case. If she's prone to losing them, make the case an obnoxiously bright colour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool idea. I'm not a lady but I bought the Roka Kona glasses having never seen or handled them, and I've been thoroughly impressed with the quality. They are my day-to-day sunglasses but I also ride and run in them. Super lightweight, great optics, and they stay in place like they are glued on. Highly recommended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of the Konas. Everyone I tell to try them on is blown away by the weight and optics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Roka Konas and the SR-1x and I’m very impressed. The quality is equal to Oakley or any other top brand out there. Give Roka a try and if you don’t like them return them.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have "a few" pairs from Roka. I also have another hundred or so different kinds (Oakely, Costa, Maui Jims, the TG safety shades, Rudys...) Roka's quality has exceeds or equals all the top of the line pairs. I don't think you can go wrong with getting her these. If they break, they break. Don't let that be the reason you don't get her something nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice sought - Roka Monaco sunglasses [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another happy Roka user. My wife and I both have a pair (phantom and kona). Very impressed with the optics and they don’t slip!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, all, for your thoughts. I'm going to pull the trigger.

Attacking this day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind.
Quote Reply