Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advice needed: HIM in 10 weeks?
Quote | Reply
Wanted your opinions on this. I got hit by a car on 5/3, 12 weeks ago, while on a century charity ride (Tour de Cure). Just Wednesday I was able to do squats for the first time and do child's pose for the first time. I tested the trainer this morning and I can finally get on it without pain, so I figure swimming is a go (I couldn't swim without pain 2 weeks ago). I can run 20 minute miles without pain but being able to squat and get on the trainer I should be able to run faster very soon.

Assuming I can do everything Monday (swim, get on the trainer, run at my 10-12 minutes per mile pace), is a Half Ironman in 10 weeks from Monday including race week crazy? It's already paid for. I was in excellent shape before the accident. I've been back at the gym with extremely modified workouts for a couple of weeks now, i.e. squats holding on to a wall, spin at half speed, 20 minutes per mile hour runs, etc.

Try to go for it with a full training schedule, or continue taking it easy for a few more weeks?

By the way it's been paid for since February, so that's the only reason I would do it, since I was already registered.

So the main question is, could it be detrimental to jump back into full training as soon as physically able or could this cause health problems down the line.

I've done a full Ironman, a couple of HIMs, couple of HMs, a full marathon, handful of Olympics and Sprints.
Last edited by: GatorDeb: Jul 25, 14 1:43
Quote Reply
Re: Advice needed: HIM in 10 weeks? [GatorDeb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ask to move your registration for next year and compete when you are ready (even in another race).
Quote Reply
Re: Advice needed: HIM in 10 weeks? [Asbjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Already did. No xfer or deferral, just $75 of $250 back.
Last edited by: GatorDeb: Jul 25, 14 2:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of things can happen in 10 weeks.

I would keep training as you can, and if you are healthy enough, then race according to your fitness.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on Jarretj comment
In Reply To:

Mark Pomery
Certified Triathlon Coach (Triathlon Australia)
http://www.swimcyclerunonline.com
Quote Reply