Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adjusting Beam On Zipp 2001
Quote | Reply
Anyone know how to adjust the beam on a zipp 2001?
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting Beam On Zipp 2001 [sabeast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softride beam or the zipp beam?

On the zipp beam, you take it apart, adjust the elastometer underneath, put it back together... that's the main adjustment.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting Beam On Zipp 2001 [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp beam sorry.....I have no experience with that lol....Know any shops in NJ that know the bike well?
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting Beam On Zipp 2001 [sabeast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sabeast wrote:
Zipp beam sorry.....I have no experience with that lol....Know any shops in NJ that know the bike well?

I doubt there are more than a handful of guys anywhere that worked on them... pretty rare bike even when it was in production.

This is a pretty simple job. There are two bolts in the zipp beam, one goes through it, one down into it. Unscrew both of them, lift the beam off of the frame. Inside is the elastometer (can't find a picture, but you'll know it immediately) The elastometer turns by hand, screw it in (towards the frame) brings the beam down/less suspension, backing it out raises it and gives a bit more suspension.

When you've got it where you (think, now way to test it without re-assembling it) want it, slide the beam back on and re-bolt everything together.

*edit found a picture of it

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Last edited by: leegoocrap: Apr 4, 17 6:50
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting Beam On Zipp 2001 [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh ok thanks....I had read something and it just scared me to try it alone.

"Remember when put the beam on the bike, do not tight the horizontal bolt all the way. You can accidentally pop and split the top at the area where two side of the beam glued together. Just barely touch the surface when tight. Also do not lift the bike with the beam up when you have not install the vertical bolt in yet. Worse is you can snap and break the carbon at the top joint. Good luck."
Quote Reply