Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adjust power on Zwift in Erg mode - Wahoo Kickr
Quote | Reply
Apologies if there is already a thread, I was not able to find one for this?

Is it possible to manually control wattage in Zwift? The same way the Wahoo phone app does? How do you do so? Do you have to create a flat workout in the builder?

Thanks, would appreciate any help.

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Re: Adjust power on Zwift in Erg mode - Wahoo Kickr [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you want to manually control the workout in its entirety? If so, create a free ride, disable erg, and use the Wahoo app to control the intensity.

If you want to adjust the intensity of an interval on the fly, use the +/- on the keyboard or the resistance adjusters in the Zwift companion app.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: Adjust power on Zwift in Erg mode - Wahoo Kickr [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can also create custom workouts in Zwift - set up your own warmup / intervals / cooldown.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes you can. I use my power meter as power source though and I'm not pairing the trainer with Zwift. Then I can use the Wahoo remote app to set whatever resistance I want in ERG or any other mode.
Quote Reply
Re: Adjust power on Zwift in Erg mode - Wahoo Kickr [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. I tried using the Wahoo app while on Zwift, except it automatically switches back to “SIM” mode on the wahoo app while riding Zwift and Wahoo at the same time. Any suggestions?

-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You want to adjust the Kickr so it's really putting out 200w of resistance but Zwift thinks you're putting out 300w?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to control power via the wahoo app you'll need to pair your Kickr with Zwift as a power meter and not a controllable trainer ( or as suggested above use the + / - keys to adjust resistance in Zwift).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yoe400800 wrote:
Thanks guys. I tried using the Wahoo app while on Zwift, except it automatically switches back to “SIM” mode on the wahoo app while riding Zwift and Wahoo at the same time. Any suggestions?

chrisb7 wrote:
If you want to control power via the wahoo app you'll need to pair your Kickr with Zwift as a power meter and not a controllable trainer ( or as suggested above use the + / - keys to adjust resistance in Zwift).

This is your answer. I almost always run zwift by using the Kickr app for my trainer. The only times I have had a problem with the app not working was the ride after a race or when I decided to just do a free ride and the controllable trainer was still paired. Unpair that and you should be good to go through the app.

Now, if you are looking to be able to control zwift to the watt, like you can through the Kickr app, you will not be able to do that through Zwift. You can adjust resistance, but it is by %.
Quote Reply
Re: Adjust power on Zwift in Erg mode - Wahoo Kickr [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys, I unpaired the controllable trainer this morning and that worked.

One of the reasons for wanting to ride in erg is the shifting on the Kickr on the steep climbs is awful, only a couple gears sound smooth. Did you guys change out the stock cassette on your Kickr?

-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yoe400800 wrote:
Thanks guys, I unpaired the controllable trainer this morning and that worked.

One of the reasons for wanting to ride in erg is the shifting on the Kickr on the steep climbs is awful, only a couple gears sound smooth. Did you guys change out the stock cassette on your Kickr?

You might want to check to see if your chain is stretched then. Try the cassette that you use regularly on your wheel. That cassette and the chain have probably been nicely worn together.
Quote Reply
Re: Adjust power on Zwift in Erg mode - Wahoo Kickr [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or as a minimum tune your derailleur if you are riding a lot on the trainer...

I am not on a Kickr, I ride a Tacx Flux, and since I had to buy my own cassette, it is the same as what is on my race wheels... That said, I did need to do a slight tune of the Rear derailleur to dial in my shifting for trainer sessions...
Quote Reply