Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A couple of SHIV TT questions
Quote | Reply
Hello, I just bought a Shiv TT from ebay. The ad said never built but the steerer tube looks really short, because of the custom stem and bar setup that comes on the Shiv TT, I am wondering if this is just normal of a SHIV TT. I bought the fork and frame only, not the complete module. It looks like I might have to put a standard stem on it, am I hosed here or do I need to start looking for a stock SHIV TT cockpit?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: A couple of SHIV TT questions [MPow3r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The stock stem fit "over" the top of the steerer. It acts as a top cap that sits flush with the top of the top tube. I think it would be best to use the stock stem but then you are forced to use base bar and extensions as well. Not sure if a standard stem would fit, but the steerer is short from the factory for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure the steer tube is the standard 1 1/8". Where you MIGHT run into issues is clearance for the pinch bolts on the back of the stem. Specialized is reasonably good at stocking replacement parts, so check in with your local dealer if you have issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could try the tririg sigma stem as it takes only 25mm of stem and tightens from the side.
Quote Reply
Re: A couple of SHIV TT questions [Nobbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was about to say the same as Nobbie, worth a look.
Quote Reply
Re: A couple of SHIV TT questions [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the help guys, I am debating just returning the frame & fork. Based on my research and after talking to Specialized, it may be hard to build this thing back to stock. I also found out last night that I am missing the shim that sits in front of the seat post. It's a shame too, the frame and fork itself are perfect.... /sigh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless anyone here has some stock bars and stem from a SHIV TT they want to get rid of?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What size/year Shiv TT?

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetonrider might have something?
Quote Reply
Re: A couple of SHIV TT questions [Jim Martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a 2012 Shiv TT in a Large. The newer design without the nosecone, looks exactly like a 2015 from what I can tell.
Quote Reply
Re: A couple of SHIV TT questions [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
neilridley wrote:
tetonrider might have something?

I think I have come across some of his posts in my search, unfortunately.. I am not allowed to send PM's yet on SlowTwitch. I signed up specifically to research this Shiv issue, not sure how many posts I need before I can send a PM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TT never had a nose cone (I think). I you sure you are talking about Shiv TT and not shiv TRI?

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Re: A couple of SHIV TT questions [Jim Martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, it may be that during the nosecone era there was just a single model "Shiv" and no differentiation between a TRI and TT. I remember seeing those when they came out, not sure though. My bike is definitely a 2012 SHIV TT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pm sent- have some parts if you are still looking.
Quote Reply
Re: A couple of SHIV TT questions [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
replied
Quote Reply