Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
AWESOME new clothing!!!!
Quote | Reply
I stopped by the other day and saw my buddy Andre at Kiwami North America headquarters. He showed me some amazing new products ready for sale and customization if wanted. As a service, I thought you all would love seeing this new innovative clothing.

First are the new shorts, the Spider, in blue. This material is ridiculous! Super light, durable and water repellant. The exterior added compression pattern has a new silver carbon fiber pattern look. Notice 2 pockets on each side; one towards the bottom of the short, and one high under the reflective silver stripe towards the rear.

Next is the one piece Spider in Blue! Besides looking amazing and being the same light, water repellent material, is even has internal core support as shown in the one detail. Heat welds are used in the added compression areas to utilize targeted compression to enhance performance.

The last cool garment I saw was a NEW all white top. Same material, same awesome quality, and a FULL front zip!!!!! Heat welds used where there's added compression, mesh in selected areas, and a COVERED rear pocket to reduce drag while giving ability to carry whatever you need.

Here's a cool option for racing, training, or just looking cool.

This stuff is amazing, and is made in the factory known for making Assos, so you know the quality is top notch. Also, in house capabilities allow him to customize any of these with logos, names, or anything you can come up with, and in a ridiculously FAST turnaround. I thought the Slowtwitch community would love to see some new stuff being designed and made my these great people. Check out these and other awesome stuff designed and made by real triathletes. Kiwamitri.com
Last edited by: ggeiger: Apr 21, 15 13:56
Quote Reply
Re: AWESOME new clothing!!!! [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
I

Here's a cool option for racing, training, or just looking cool.

This stuff is amazing, and is made in the factory known for making Assos, so you know the quality is top notch. Also, in house capabilities allow him to customize any of these with logos, names, or anything you can come up with, and in a ridiculously FAST turnaround. I thought the Slowtwitch community would love to see some new stuff being designed and made my these great people. Check out these and other awesome stuff designed and made by real triathletes. Kiwamitri.com

Boy! Laying it on thick, huh??!!

-----

"i’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — i want to know who the morons are." -- mark cuban
Quote Reply
Re: AWESOME new clothing!!!! [tridiego] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, just telling the truth. Search ST for threads and you'll see what I said is valid. Try it yourself....you may be pretty amazed.
Quote Reply
Re: AWESOME new clothing!!!! [tridiego] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kiwami makes really good trisuits. I've loved my Kiwami tri suit and wouldn't want to switch to anything else. Give them a try. They are worth the money

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Apr 21, 15 12:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks cool, but I wish it was cheaper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, but in your subject verbiage you used four exclamation marks!!!! Four!!!!

Using that many exclamation marks should be reserved only for events such as having
a space ship land in your back yard.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any word on a short sleeve trisuit or an updated Kona Wings jacket?

I've been itching to get some Kiwami gear but I'm holding off to see what they put out for 2015. I'm not a huge fan of the spider graphics but I'll let it slide for quality stuff.

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A truly shameless plug, but I will attest that Kiwami is a quality manufacturer.

Edited to note that the royal blue is not my favorite color. A navy blue or black would look much sharper. Some more color options with that same gear would be nice.
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Apr 21, 15 13:21
Quote Reply
Re: AWESOME new clothing!!!! [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I felt like a spaceship had landed in the form of clothing breakthroughs ;-)

pattersonpaul wrote:
Yes, but in your subject verbiage you used four exclamation marks!!!! Four!!!!

Using that many exclamation marks should be reserved only for events such as having
a space ship land in your back yard.
Quote Reply
Re: AWESOME new clothing!!!! [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The blue is new, but the black is the standard. I was simply showing new stuff.

For the other poster, I wish entry fees, power meters, carbon wheels and bikes were cheaper too. Good stuff lasts and costs. (get what you pay for).
Last edited by: ggeiger: Apr 21, 15 14:01
Quote Reply
Re: AWESOME new clothing!!!! [santino314] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can check with Andre when I next see him, or maybe he'll chime in. I heard they are in the works, but sleeved does not interest me at all. He did say that more sizes are on the way for the Kona Wings, as the original order sold out really fast. That interests me as the material is really different, and sun repellent.

santino314 wrote:
Any word on a short sleeve trisuit or an updated Kona Wings jacket?

I've been itching to get some Kiwami gear but I'm holding off to see what they put out for 2015. I'm not a huge fan of the spider graphics but I'll let it slide for quality stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at getting a new suit or tri shorts. I like desoto's forza look but want it with a ceramico pad...what is the spyder pad like?

I'm doing 2 70.3s this year, and I hate chaffing and I want a decent pad, but not anything noticeable on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: AWESOME new clothing!!!! [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not familiar with the ceramic pad, but I have used both brands. I am particularly fond of the Kiwami pads as they are pretty small and do not soak up water to give one the "diaper" feel. While giving the perfect (IMO) amount of cushion on the bike, they stay really light and as dry as possible with what we do. I actually run with them on run only workouts, as they feel so good. The other shorts in the line also have the great pads, in case you don't want the extra compression (and slight extra cost) that the Spider line brings. It seems they have narrowed the lines to 3 versions, so there are price points for all. The Spider is the top of the line.
I could suggest you contact Andre and he can send you out a pair......customer service and satisfaction are awesome. You'll love the material and quality put into manufacture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the 101 on the differences between the 3 models of trishorts; spider/prima XC/prima? Anyone have thoughts on if spider is worth the higher cost?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice, is there an option without pockets, especially on the shorts and one piece suit?
Last edited by: sorr: Apr 22, 15 15:41
Quote Reply
Re: AWESOME new clothing!!!! [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To mu understanding, the differences are mostly compression. All 3 levels are great fabrics, but slightly different. The Prima seems to be slightly thicker fabric than the extremely thin XC, and the XC has a bit higher level of compression. The Spider line has even more compression with exterior printed on targeted compression in the quads and hamstrings, as the silver areas show. All 3 are really great and my XC garments have lasted for 3 years so far. The Spider line is new so haven't had a check of longevity, but they sure feel amazing. I'm partial to having great clothing as it's the one item we use for all 3 events.

IronStork wrote:
What's the 101 on the differences between the 3 models of trishorts; spider/prima XC/prima? Anyone have thoughts on if spider is worth the higher cost?
Quote Reply
Re: AWESOME new clothing!!!! [sorr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, they are really great. Both the 1 piece and 2 piece have long distance and short distance versions. Short distance have no pockets, and are pretty much what you'd see the ITU racers using. Richard Murray is a sponsored athlete that uses it. The long distance comes with pockets placed according to which piece, but all have streamlined but various pockets. Hope this helps. Andre can help more if you need sizing or any suggestions. contact@kiwamitri.com

sorr wrote:
Very nice, is there an option without pockets, especially on the shorts and one piece suit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure everything fits. They are not as liberal with return and exchange as others. While the quality seemed good, I got stuck with a pair of bibs I could not wear.
Quote Reply
Re: AWESOME new clothing!!!! [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes size carefully and when in doubt get a larger size (or two) than you would normally wear. I am 6' 150lbs and all legs and wear a medium Prima XC short and a large top. The tops are short and will most likely show your stomach which drives me nuts so I generally end up wasting energy pulling the shirt down throughout the run. I don't know why all the tri companies make their tops so short. Good thing I have rock hard abs that the ladies swoon over...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Spider fabric is the Shizzel! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How ridiculous is the material? I'm looking for extremely ridiculous. I'm worried this is only very ridiculous. I don't want to leave any free speed on the table.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just to be sure, here're the rules we go by:
You ask for samples, we're pleased to send some.
You order and for some reasons, you would like to return/exchange, we're pleased to do so as long as you didn't work out with the gear on.
We give you a 30-day window....but we never really enforce it.

Voila: hoping this can be viewed as pretty standard and reasonable practices.

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny you should say this, as Kiwami constantly gets rave reviews for their customer service. Do a search on this forum and you'll see they are among the best in the business. Something tells me I'm not hearing the complete story from you.....

svennn wrote:
Make sure everything fits. They are not as liberal with return and exchange as others. While the quality seemed good, I got stuck with a pair of bibs I could not wear.
Quote Reply
Re: AWESOME new clothing!!!! [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, it's DAMN ridiculous! Be careful....don't try it or you may want some extra material to make a dress shirt. A very fast and aero one. ;-)

JerseyBigfoot wrote:
How ridiculous is the material? I'm looking for extremely ridiculous. I'm worried this is only very ridiculous. I don't want to leave any free speed on the table.
Quote Reply
Re: AWESOME new clothing!!!! [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andre Bennatan wrote:
just to be sure, here're the rules we go by:
You ask for samples, we're pleased to send some.
You order and for some reasons, you would like to return/exchange, we're pleased to do so as long as you didn't work out with the gear on.
We give you a 30-day window....but we never really enforce it.

Voila: hoping this can be viewed as pretty standard and reasonable practices.

Is there a big difference in materials/ feel between the Konami and the Prima LD? Looking for a comfy tri suit for warm weather races.

Thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next